Find a good residence

Hello Everyone,
I will be InshaAllah new to Jeddah in a month's time. I have accepted an offer from a bank on the king street Jeddah and is expected to reach there by Mid of February 2011. I have joined this website to know more about the place and especially to find a good residence i.e. 2 bed room house in Jeddah. I have budget of 3,000 SAR to 5,000 SAR to spend on housing. Is this budget enough for finding a good living place in Jeddah? Plus, what are the good compounds for Pakistanis living in Jeddah?
Regards,
Adeel

Hi Adeel, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Your topic has been introduced as a new thread on the Jeddah forum for better visibility.

I wish you good luck and i hope other members will be able to advice you.
Christine

let me say welcome in Jeddah. I am new to Jeddah as will and I was looking for a good residence near to King street in Hera'a street to be exact. The range there is about 18,000 SR/year and more  this is for two small rooms one bathroom and a kitchen "not furnished" if you are interested just look for any Estate office in the area they will guide you.

Salaam,

Welcome to Jeddah... I am also new here and could not find a compound under SR65,000 per year - and this is only for 2 bedrooms.
There is a place called Azzizya in Jeddah - this is called "little India" - lots of Pakistani's and other Indians reside here - its considered a very nice place I hear.  Not too sure about the actuals though - but my colleague is interested in moving there due to the Hafiz schooling for his kids...

I would suggest that you stay in a Mafrushat (furnished appartment) when you arrive.  The rate starts at SR120 per day.
There are a lot on the Corniche road just behind the Intercontinental hotel - this should be your best bet.  Else, look at where your work is going to be and pick a furnished apartment close by - then start asking and looking around for a more permanent residence.

Good Luck.
Jalal.