I'm in the process of apartment hunting in Rabat

My name is Ossama and I'm from Lebanon. I'm a Construction Sites Manager.
I just moved to Rabat about a week ago, and will be staying about 5 years in the least. I'm here to start a new branch for our company.
Before that i was in Erbil Iraq. Stayed there for about 4 years.
And before that i stayed about a year in Ghana.
I'm in the process of apartment hunting in Rabat. I'd appreciate any good leads.

Hope to get the chance to meet some of you.

Cheers!

Hi Ossama and welcome on board  :)

Till members provide you some infos, i suggest you have a look at the ads published in the Housing in Rabat section of the website. You might as well drop your own "looking for" advert.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hey Bhavna,

How are you? Actually i did just that, and guess what? :-)
Found one. Faical's ad. Signing contract tomorrow.

Thank you! Cheers! :-)

Good to know Ossama  :)  Doing just fine.

Hope you will be comfortable in your new apartment.

Cheers,
Bhavna

Thanks Bhavna.   :)

Hi Ossama Jaber

Just want to say  welcome to Morocco and congratulation for your new appartment.

Ossama Jaber wrote:

Hey Bhavna,

How are you? Actually i did just that, and guess what? :-)
Found one. Faical's ad. Signing contract tomorrow.

Thank you! Cheers! :-)

I like seeing the Expat forum is helping members :)  , That's rellay great!

Will that be possible to explain to us what are the DO and not-to-Do things in order to find an appartment in Rabat?

Any advice would be very appreciable.

In case I will be in Rabat in the near future I will be delighted to contact you, if you don't mind.

Again welcome and congratulation.

Abdel

Hi Abdel,

Thanks for the warm welcome to both you and bhavna.
I'll be more than happy to help any way I can ofcourse.
Moving to Rabat hasn't been hard for me because thankfully I have the support of 2 companies. One of them is Moroccan and the other Lebanese. But, everywhere i've been to, the first couple of weeks would be a bit hectic, and later things just go smoothly.
Even with all that support, what helped me in getting an apartment that quick was actually expat.com. :-)
As for tips, I find most people here very friendly and helpful.
Be careful while driving and going to turn around a roundabout. Also be careful when you are entering onto a main road. It seems a lot of drivers don't stop. They are more likely to crash into you than stop. So better to wait for a break.
Always remember to tip about 1 dollar for services rendered. Don't tip for no other reason.
I hope this helps. If you have other questions let me know.

Cheers!