Need Advice : get into Denmark

Hello All

I am desperately trying to get into Denmark but not sure what my best option is...
Is there anyone that I could chat to that could possibly assess my situation and give some advice on how to proceed.    :sosad:

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Title modified for more visibility

It might help if you explain what your situation is....and what steps you've take thus far.

OK sooo....

My fiance is currently in Denmark, she moved there at the beginning of July and has a danish passport, but she grew up in South Africa, her mother is Danish and her father lives here in South Africa. She is currently busy with integration into the system, looking for a job and taking danish classes, working with a case worker and all that.

I am currently living in South Africa and trying to get over, doesn't really matter how.

I have looked at family reunification but..
1. we are not yet married
2. they might suspect that if we do get married its just to get me into Denmark
3. we dont both have stronger ties to Denmark than South Africa which I believe is a requirement

I have checked the positive list, which I would be on because I work in IT, but have internationally recognized certifications along with 6 years IT experience, mostly in support and networking.  I do not have an official degree so the positive list is not an option.

I dont speak fluent danish but I am busy learning on my own accord via audio tapes and things like that.

I have updated my CV in accordance with www.howtoliveindenmark.com and have created a motivational letter.
I have applied for roughly 200 jobs over the past 2 months but receive rejection after rejection.

I dont know what else to do, I feel so lost and my positivity is taking a hard knock from all the rejection.

I have money, I dont need support from the state, I just want to move to Denmark and be with my fiance

If any one can help, please let me know
:sosad:

I guess that you have your information from this homepage:
https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_ … rement.htmhttps://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/FAQ/fam … cation.htm

I would like to, but I really don't know how to cheer you up. As I also understand the information, a family reunification is out of the picture, but to be on the safe side, you should put the question to Udlændingestyrelsen (the Danish Immigration Service).
https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/contact/contact.htm

You have applied for so many jobs in a very short time that a major part of the job positions must have been irrelevant? If so, it is waste of time as your skills have to match the requirements if you shall have a chance. Do concentrate on the jobs within your field and let the others go. It is too self-destroying getting so many rejections so no need to receive the 'automatic' ones.

What about persuading your fiancee to come back to South Africa?

Best wishes,
Nellie

She really doesnt want to because of all the crime and other issues, also her parents dont want to support her anymore while she finishes her studies and I can support both of us but it will put some financial strain on us.

Also, she has a much better life there with support from the state and dont really want her to come back here if I can help it, i feel a bit selfish.

A lot of the jobs I have applied for I am over qualified for, such as IT supporter, when I am now a network engineer and can do IT support in my sleep.

So yeah, still very much lost

I understand.