Living in Kazakhstan

You are living in Kazakhstan, or you used to live in Kazakhstan.

Share your experience!

How would you describe life in Kazakhstan?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in Kazakhstan?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Kazakhstan?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Immigrants from China, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan are filling Kazakhstan in large numbers.

Assembly Technician there?  If we decide to live there, can we hold 2 citizenship and is it also difficult in terms of whether the law allow us to move there or not?  We know no one there, would it be too difficult for us to settle there?
Any advice is very much appreciated.  Thank You!

If you've decided to move to Kz in the end, you should have significant reason for that, often it is career opportunity and possibility to earn the "oil money". 

Kazakhstan is a developing country and don't expect the same living conditions like in EU, US and GB.

Although there are differences in the life style view between local and particularly people from western developed countries. In general it is quite easy to make friends among educated persons. All depends on what kind of interest you have, I mean it could be either business partners, who became your friends after years of teamwork; people with whom you can spent time doing such kind of activity as skiing, hiking, biking, fitness, yoga etc; or random persons at the nearest pub.

I wish you to have interesting, productive time there.

If you require some information, I will give my advise on this web site with pleasure.