Where to live? First time in United Arab Emirates

Hi fellow travelers!

I have the opportunity to live in any of these locations: Northern Emirate location, includes Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah and Sharjah (Excludes the emirates of Abu Dhabi and Al Ain)

I'm going to be a teachers assistant.

A bit about myself, I'm 41 years old single female, British, I know no-one in Northern Emirate, kinda past partying but love live music, restaurants, pubs, arty, really into yoga, love history.

Wondering where's best place to live?

Thanks for taking the time to give me your thoughts. All the best.

Welcome to UAE,I believe that if it's your choice Dubai is better,but still it depends on the work location try to be near as u can

Give preference to your work location. Because the places you mentioned are scattered. But the places like Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman are close by. But all those places are different in terms of rent, lifestyle and facilities. If you are interested in night life, I suggest Dubai as the city will never sleep there. Abu Dhabi and Al Ain are located almost 140 KMs away from Dubai. If you can give your work location, I think the people can give you useful suggestions.

I don't have a work location, I can work in any of these places. So that's why I'm asking for advice.

I would say Sharjah, we are moving there come Aug 2017 :) cant wait, its not as expensive as Dubai and other areas and has alot of brits there too :)

Dear Madame,

If in you package is including accommodation then you can stay in Dubai if not then you need to search where you don't pay much for accommodation.

Regards and Good Luck

"...love live music, restaurants, pubs, arty..."

Given those 4  :heart:  you really have no choice other than Dubai, which believe me is no hardship  :D

I'm researching on this forum???

Thanks for your unhelpful advice :-)

Isn't Sharjah no alcohol? Interesting about the Brits expect. I just found out that it's mainly expats in UAE so it's seeming less scary :-)

AS Salamualaikum sir to you and your family,

I have found the jobs i am interested in and i know your knowledge helps me a great deal, so if you dont mind i would appreciate your advice in this.
I have found my interests lie, plus education lies in;

Healthcare Support Worker
Healthcare Assistant
Supportive Services within a hospital setting preferably
Bereavment Support worker

Where i currently reside in the United Kingdom we have a dedicated site that advertises these type of jobs within our national health service, are you aware if the UAE and Sharjah in particular has similar to this? If so i would much appreciate your help in obtaining this for me.

I hope this email finds you and your family in good health.

May Allah (swt) bless you for your help.

I think Dubai is better place in your list

I'm getting that impression :-) Might not have any choice as my employee picks but I'm keeping my fingers crossed :-)