Moving to saudi arabia

we both are doctor. having an offer from saudi arabia .we offered a salary of 8500 saudi riyals per month for each with other facilities like housing ,transporation exatra.we have two kids .can we save sufficint money.is it safe for hindu family to live in saudi arabia.our job location is sharoha city. is there any indian school.

hello..sharoh city is not one of the major cities in Saudi Arabia. Dont know if there is an Indian school there.
Being hindu - its safe as long as you follow the rules of Saudi Arabia.

thanks fr information. we are very much confused about shifting to saudi arabia.we are going there for first time.we are planning to take children with us .so please any one fr sharoha please help.

Hi Dr Sujata,

I have been to Sharurah on business.

Sharurah is a very small place in the Najran Province in Saudi Arabia.

This is a very isolated area, close to the Border with Yemen.

The largest city to Sharurah is Najaran City (a good 2.5 hour drive)

There will be very few expats in Sharurah. And highly unlikely for there to be an Indian School.

There are no issues about you being a Hindu (no problems at all) two of my colleagues are Hindu's.
You will be required to abide by Saudi Laws, therefore your wife will be required to wear an abaya (black long coat) when out. Headscarf is not obligatory.

Generally, most of the expats are based in the cosmopolitan cities, Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Al-Khobar.
There are Indian, Pakistani, American, International & British Schools in these cities.
Also amenities for all nationalities are available in these cities.

My sincere advice would be for you to arrange a visit to Sharurah before signing the contract. (I can't imagine too many expats willing to reside there ~ also it may be very challenging for family to adjust to life in such an isolated place)

If possible try to organise a transfer to the cities listed above.

Most people on here will be willing to help in any other queries you may have.

Thanks for your information.Is it possible to take transfer to other cities after landing in Saudi arabia? Because in offer letter location is Sharurah.Offer letter is given in India.The recruting agency in India is saying that final contract will be signed in Saudi arabia and there will be increase in salary. Is it possible?

Namaste Sujata ...

I m Chander Kumar from Pakistan & i also want to live in saudi arabia .. if you can help me then i will stay with you as a family member and i will do my own business.

Dr Sujata,

You could make transfer to other cities if your employer has clinics in other cities and there are vacancies there. Otherwise you have to stay with your current employer for at least 2 years.

It is highly unlikely that your salary will increase immediately when you arrive. You will have to abide by the terms of the contract.

As both of you will be working and accomodation is part of the package, you will be making savings.

Our employer is ministry of defence and aviation. Working location is sharurha armed forces hospital. Please inform if any one have information.