Where can I find....?

klsallee :
fluffy2560 :

Anyone any experience on buying used clean 1000L IBCs as rainwater

Just got a flier in the mail box from "otthon-kert" and they have 1000 liter tanks on sale now for 12,900 HUF. I think they are local only. But if they have them on sale, then others probably do near you too.

Maybe they can deliver?  I think we'll never get a couple of them in the car.

I'm going to get my vice/vise in the UK and bring it back in the car.  They are plentiful there.

fluffy2560 :

Maybe they can deliver?

They might. But delivery from western Balaton -- that may not be cheap. If interested, PM me and I can give you their phone number.

fluffy2560 :

I think we'll never get a couple of them in the car.

Don't have a hitch on the car for a trailer? Even our little Suzuki Swift, I bought a hitch for it. Very useful. Very practical.

klsallee :
fluffy2560 :

Maybe they can deliver?

They might. But delivery from western Balaton -- that may not be cheap. If interested, PM me and I can give you their phone number.

fluffy2560 :

I think we'll never get a couple of them in the car.

Don't have a hitch on the car for a trailer? Even our little Suzuki Swift, I bought a hitch for it. Very useful. Very practical.

Thanks.

Yes we have hitches (UK: towbars) on our cars but we don't have a trailer and rental of one would cost more than delivery.  Price here is about 5K HUF a day if I remember rightly.  That's silly money.  I keep meaning to buy a trailer but never seem to get around to it nor can I justify right now.  But I'll get Mrs Fluffy on the job soon enough.

fluffy2560 :

a trailer and rental of one would cost more than delivery.  Price here is about 5K HUF a day if I remember rightly.  That's silly money.

If I have someone deliver in a truck, locally, it cost me the same. My trailer is rated at only 500 KG, so above that weight (wood, gravel, sand, etc) I have to pay the delivery cost.

I have had deliveries from further, or weighing a lot (we build stone walls for example -- rocks are heavy), and costing as much as 10,000 HUF. If you can drive out and back in one day, I think the trailer is a good bargain, as custom delivery will be a lot more. But I don't know this company's delivery costs, you can only ask. ;)

fluffy2560 :
klsallee :
fluffy2560 :

Definitely not cheap cheap cheap.

Interesting. I thought the ones from 11,000 to 12,000 HUF (about 30-35 EUR) were pretty cheap for a life long tool.

What price range were you looking for?

10K HUF would be OK.  Decent condition with working threads and spring.  I've searched on Ebay in the UK as well and they are in this price range.  Some worn but very serviceable ones.  I want a nice "big" one, not a small one.  I reckon it'd weigh close to 40kg so Pest county best.

Update:

Solved my problem, 12.5K HUF for the vice/vise.  Looks possibly up to 100 years old but in pretty good condition even if quite dirty. Hasn't been used in some years.  Weighs less than 20kg. Even has the spring in good condition and it screws in and out nicely.  I will give it good clean (soda blasting/possible electro-cleaning), then spray paint it and bolt it onto my outside welding bench.  Job done.

fluffy2560 :

Solved my problem, 12.5K HUF for the vice/vise.  Looks possibly up to 100 years old but in pretty good condition even if quite dirty. Hasn't been used in some years.  Weighs less than 20kg. Even has the spring in good condition and it screws in and out nicely.  I will give it good clean (soda blasting/possible electro-cleaning), then spray paint it and bolt it onto my outside welding bench.  Job done.

Nice. Maybe post some before and after photos? Or do one of those tool renovation videos that are kind of fun to watch at youtube. :)

Oh... there already is one for a leg vice ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH8XVXzb9xI

klsallee :

Oh... there already is one for a leg vice ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH8XVXzb9xI

Cool video.   My vice/vise is basically the same but I think slightly smaller but in better condition.   The vice table in the video is interesting too.  I'm in a bit of a dilemma at the moment.  The vice is old, if I did that kind of "restoration", I'd be destroying it's patina and obvious age. I had not thought it was actually worth anything more than 12.5K HUF but if I cleaned it up it could be worth a lot more.  I was just thinking of using it but the guy who sold it to me said that he'd seen more at higher prices in other places.

klsallee :
fluffy2560 :

Nice. Maybe post some before and after photos? Or do one of those tool renovation videos that are kind of fun to watch at youtube. :)

I thought about a video as Fluffyette1 is very keen on making videos at the moment.   The "in" thing is vlogging so maybe we can do one one of those.   

The guy using the wire brush on the grinder is actually abrasively removing material and that's not such a great thing to do - soda blasting will remove a very small amount but won't cut into the object.

fluffy2560 :

The guy using the wire brush on the grinder is actually abrasively removing material and that's not such a great thing to do - soda blasting will remove a very small amount but won't cut into the object.

A good reason to make your own video how to do it better. :)

This is tedious.

I'm looking for something called a 110 block with legs.

If you don't know what that is,  you probably won't be able to find one in Hungary. But if curious, have a look here: 110 Block

I would prefer pre-wired jumper cables.  The 110 block should support say, 48 cables. 

60 block is not what I need.

If I could get a 110 block in a wall cabinet, then that'd be good.

I am prepared to consider alternatives if 110 blocks are not available here.

I do NOT want a 110 block with patch panel (I have one already pre-wired).

Could look at https://www.conrad.at/ they deleiver

SimCityAT :

Could look at https://www.conrad.at/ they deliver

Hmmm....thanks, they are the Maplin's of Europe.  Not very useful I'm afraid.  There's a Conrad here but it's really expensive.  So, they aren't really the right people. 

I need like a company selling parts for telephone exchanges, possibly electricians or IT companies. 

I've searched like all last week and couldn't find anyone except possibly someone in China but I don't want really to buy from there.  They are cheap things and easy to get in say, the USA.  It's only a bit of moulded plastic with punchdown terminals.

BTW, I need 4-pair, specifically for networking (not for phones).

*Update:  I should add that I can buy "Krone" versions in Europe but these need special tools and I wanted to avoid needing special tools for the job.  I could wire the building cables directly to the patch panel but unfortunately some of the cables are not long enough for that, so I will need to put them to a punch down block with through connect (if possible) - the through connect means I can add extension cables.

klsallee :

Tomato clips.

Follow up: Found basically what I need at Obi:

https://www.obi.hu/tovabbi-kerti-segede … /p/3121548

or

https://www.obi.hu/tovabbi-kerti-segede … /p/1181718

Huge pity I can not find them in any Hungarian source where I live, and needed to use a foreign big box store to get such a basic trivial item.....

fluffy2560 :

BTW, I need 4-pair, specifically for networking (not for phones).

*Update:  I should add that I can buy "Krone" versions in Europe but these need special tools and I wanted to avoid needing special tools for the job.  I could wire the building cables directly to the patch panel but unfortunately some of the cables are not long enough for that, so I will need to put them to a punch down block with through connect (if possible) - the through connect means I can add extension cables.

To answer my own question, I got second hand stuff in the UK via Ebay.  I had it delivered there, then when I was there, I packaged it all up and sent it to myself by courier.   Courier was £20 for up to 20kg.

I got 50 punch down blocks - includes spares - for about £20 (they were for phones or other application but I can live with it) and I also got a second hand rather snazzy distribution wall cabinet for £50.  Tried it out on a few connections - works perfectly up to 1 Gbps.

All in cost, less than £100.  New price would have been close to £1000.  Job done!