New members of the Dominican Republic forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2016

Welcome and keep us posted as you rediscover your roots.

Bob K

I've been living in the DR for nearly 15 years, but recently have started going back and forth to USA, my country of origin, to stay connected to family. I am happy to offer my insights gleaned from years of study -- hands on clinical experience in the school of hard knocks. Every day, with adventure and beauty around every turn, one knows one's alive.

I'm back again every few weeks. I love it ... At times I hate it. Maybe I can help others, as I've been helped by the generous assistance of others through these years. Ultimately, few regrets.

I imagine the challenges facing new visitors, and particularly immigrants. I would be glad to offer advise or respond to inquiries or make acquaintance through email: xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Welcome bill.p809

Your experience will be helpful to all members.

Thank you.

Bill let me add my welcome.  Your experience will be most helpful here.  Me I have been the north coast full time for over  10 years

Bob K

Hello People. First, I have to say how much I appreciate this forum. I have already learned so much by reading the posts.
I currently live in Atlanta, GA.
After visiting DR in March and again in December, I was hooked.  My plan now is to relocate within 2 years.
I have run several small businesses in ATL over the years (food service, photography, videography, etc) so my main goal would be to find my niche in the DR, I assume. I have made a few contacts in Sosua and Puerto Plata and will be reconnecting when I return again this March.
Any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome cramhud,

It will be a privilege to address your questions and concerns. Feel free to post whatever you need to know in order to prepare for your life in DR.

Welcome to the forums!   Sounds like you are doing things the right way, taking it slow and finding your way around!   Read and read and read , ask your questions and start threads when you need to!

Planning on moving to Puerto Plata next month. Using Airbnb for my initial stay since I don't know anyone, but from the post I've read, it seems I can get a place to live for half the price of airbnb. Does anyone have any contact information for landlords renting houses or apartments? I'm looking for a 2 bedroom, and looking to spend $500.00 per month or less.

go to "everything sosua" or "everything cabereta"

funloving Welcome, your best bet is boots on the ground.  You need to just look around the areas you are interested in

Bob K

Thanks, will do.

Welcome!  There are lots of good neighborhoods in Puerto Plata.  You will need some insite into which ones are good.   I am in Puerto Plata and will help if I can.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=640194

Thanks!

Closed