:)

Hello everyone!

First, congratulations to all the people that has made living in the DR a success. Hats off to you as it's not easy.  And most people are dying to do the same as you guys.

I was wondering how open people are to connecting with others.

I will be in the north coast in October for two weeks and I wanted to meet some people who are currently living there.

I am looking to make the eventual move there and wanted to get some solid advice from others.  I would like to do this right and have the least amount of headaches as possible.

I would love to meet some people and walk away as friends.

I will be in. Cabrera from the 4th to the 19th of October.  I would love to hear from you guys.

Looking forward to some food and drinks...

Harold :)

Hello Harold.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for your this introduction :top:

Regards.

Karen :)

Welcome to the forums Harold!!  We are very open to meeting especially if you are buying the first round........LOL 

Seriously we are a friendly group.  Unfortunately I have no plans to be in that area at that time. Sorry I can't meet unless you are coming to Santo Domingo......

Thanks guys,  i felt that friendly vibe when I found the forum :) i know there are some bubble busters but I take everything with a grain of salt.

Planner,

I will be flying into Santo Domingo first for a few days then off to Cabrera for a week or so to do some housework.

I will definitely cover the fria's, no need to worry about that :) I would love to hear your opinions on things as it seems you and Bob are the most knowledgeable on the subject.

As I've said, im just looking to make friends and get some solid advice on things.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

- Harold

Well then we are on!  Just keep me posted on details and we will work out a time and place in SD.

I'll be in touch closer to the date! Thanks for entertaining the idea :)

Hey Planner,

Are you available ont he 7th of  October?

Send me a pm on your ideal place to meet.

Cheers,

Harold

I sure am honey,  I will message you!