Driving in bahrain

I am in bahrain on a visit visa.i have valid uae driving licence can i drive with that.and for how long.

Hi,

Until your visit visa is valid.

T&R

Thanks for ur kind support .are you sure on that bro?because I joined a company and they are giving me a car so what are the documents I have to keep with me if I have to prove to the police.thanks

What do you mean by you joined a company here? are you in process of converting your visit visa into a resident permit/work visa? if yes then once you get your visa converted you need to convert your UAE license to Bahrain License. If your just on visit to Bahrain (business visit) you can drive in Bahrain as long as your visit visa is valid.

T&R

Yes I'm on visit visa till now and my company will submit the documents to get work visa done. But I have to get in to the field asap .they will provide me a car  and my question was exactly can I drive with my Uae licence until I get my cpr.thanks for your kind support.

Hi,

Just to get this clarified by the traffic department, have someone from your office (preferably an arab speaker) call this number 17872222 . I know people have driven in this period but rules keep changing, so better get it confirmed first before you drive.

T&R

Hi
You can drive in Bahrain for four to six weeks only on your UAE license ,if you are stay in Bahrain i would advise you to change this at Isa town Traffic department

But how they know that only 6weeks I can lie also

if you are here on a visit visa, you can drive with your UAE license as long as your visa is valid, but if you are transferring to work visa and getting residence, once you have residence you should be driving with a bahrain license. although there should be a grace period of about 6 weeks for you to convert your license once you have received your residence

Hi
Yes you can drive in Bahrain on the UAE licence ,but only for four weeks , but this will depend on your nationality

Thanks