Uk tv internet stick

Some months ago, maybe even on this Hungarian expat site, there was an entry about an internet stick product that could be used to decode and receive uk tv programs via the internet, including a link to the web site describing the product in some detail. 

Unless this was a scam or figment of my imagination, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who knows about this or similiar products.  As far as I'm aware, internet access to uk tv from outside the uk is blocked by the sites providing the service.  Service providers use the IP address of the connected PC to identify an offshore location.

The company website for this revolutionary stick claimed the product was legitimate, because EU law requires that public information like TV programs be available to all countries in the EU.  They supported this statement by stating they had received EU funds to help develop the product.  Apparently, this new stick has special wizardry in it, to decode the incoming stream of TV data.  Or maybe it was using mirrors to deceive, and generate a fake UK IP address.  From such a distance, it all seems a bit far-fetched now, so maybe I was hallunicating.  Surely, there's someone out there who has the low-down on this fabulous new product!

logger

logger wrote:

Unless this was a scam or figment of my imagination, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who knows about this or similiar products.  As far as I'm aware, internet access to uk tv from outside the uk is blocked by the sites providing the service.  Service providers use the IP address of the connected PC to identify an offshore location.
logger

There was a discussion about this previously.

http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=51257

There have been other attempts to broadcase UK TV via the Internet, Zattoo for example, UKTV and various others. All of them failed for one reason or another. No-one has solved the legal issues around it despite the EC rules.

The only thing which works properly is a VPN albeit with limited choices of channels.