NEED SOME ADVICE!

Well, I am 41 days away from arriving in Panama!  I would like to ask everyone to give me some of the final following advice:

1) Up to 3 things they wished they "thought to do" before they left their past homeland and they arrived in Panama to live.

2) Up to 3 things they "wished they brought down with them" before they arrived in Panama to live.

If you're a married couple, I'd like to hear from both the husband and wife because I know they may reflect differently and then, of course, everyone else.

I think this would be both helpful and interesting for any "newbies" on the road to Panama as their new home!

Many thanks in advance to whomever takes the time to reply.
Happy Sunshine and See You Soon! 
Yvonne from Chicago

Check the weather condition all through the year, then pack the clothes you're most likely to need.

<Edited to suit new information>

Panama is 110 volts.

SunsetSteve wrote:

Panama is 110 volts.

And using A/B sockets.

SunsetSteve wrote:

Panama is 110 volts.

That is interesting as it's one of only 16 countries to use that voltage, and 5 of them also have 220V (ish)

Not so unusual when you consider the patchwork of plug standards across the globe.

see the world chart here

More than that.

The interest lies in how the spread of voltages and plug types around the world came to be.
I would have expected all former British colonies to use 240V, but those geographically near the US commonly use 110V, probably for commercial reasons.
The vast majority of the world uses 220/240, with those 16 exceptions; only 11 if you add the places with two systems.
Even the UK had varying voltages up to not all that long ago, some areas still used the old 110V until the great sorting out after WWII.
I recall my mother telling me how the whole area had to buy mew appliances when the voltage changed, luckily before expensive consumer electronics were the norm.
The US stuck with 110 after Edison's poor quality DC system was replaced with Westinghouse's AC net, but the voltage stuck around as it had become standard.
The safer lower voltage is inefficient when compared to the better 220/240V systems as you can deliver the power far more efficiently, but it requires more care and better quality gear to keep it safe.
Tesla got that right, but the Euro ideals were naffing things up even that long ago as his 60 cycle system was changed to 50 to keep things metric - daft.

Still, back to the point of the thread and less geek talk ... sort of.

I found one of my great comforts when I first moved was my film collection. I converted the lot from DVD to AVI and bunged them on a hard drive. That made life easier and the hard drive was easy to transport.