Keeping up with the news in Romania

Hello everyone,

Living in Romania provides countless occasions to browse local newspapers, listen to local radio stations or watch local TV shows. As everywhere else in the world, local media play a key role in informing the public.

What are the major media in Romania? Which one do you use on a regular basis?

How do you keep up with international issues (newspapers, radio, TV, Internet)?

Thank you in advance!

Priscilla

Hi, I'm Az. Been coming to Romania regularly since March 2015. I came to Romania initially for a holiday, but turned into something more after meeting a gorgeous Romanian girl from the countryside. In the countryside everyone watches national news and a Romanian folk music channel. I rarely see anyone watching anything else.

Younger people are more in tune with the social media side, which I do follow. Most of the feeds tend to be about social and environmental movements.

In my opinion, there are huge networks of people informally spreading news and opportunities through word of mouth. Far more reaching then what's shown on TV and in the papers. Radio seems to be very popular.

For me I am a little eclectic....I monitor TASS CNN FOX and Al jazira....and i find the reporting is so very different you never guess you are watching the same story!!! But for local i find that Antenna Uno is very very good. I also discovered that NO meteo reports anywhere in the world are dependable hahahahaha  my joke for the day....Oh and the best morning show for coffee is Razvan si dani honest