Keeping up with the news in Honduras

Hello everyone,

Living in Honduras provides countless occasions to browse local newspapers, listen to local radio stations or watch local TV shows. As everywhere else in the world, local media play a key role in informing the public.

What are the major media in Honduras? Which one do you use on a regular basis?

How do you keep up with international issues (newspapers, radio, TV, Internet)?

Thank you in advance!

Priscilla

La Prensa is the major newspaper in San Pedro Sula and La Tribuna in the capital, (believed to be the best newspaper in Honduras). El Tiempo the commie wannabee newspaper was put out of business by the government. (Not that I agreed with their decision, but their owner Jaime Rosenthal has been accused by the US government of laundering drug money). Honduras Weekly is a good newspaper and is in English. HRN and Radio América are the major radio news stations, (and most reliable). Radio Globo from El Progreso is the commie wannabee station. Abriendo Brecha, 30/30 and Hoy Mismo appear to be the best news program on TV. HCH and Canal 6 love demonstrating dead bodies with 20 bullet holes in them.

I don't know why I found that line funny.....love demonstrating bodies with 20 bullet holes in them....but you are right...sensationalism at its best.