Anyone American having trouble applying to get married in Egypt?

Hello,

I am an older usa woman and have been in a long (8year) relationship with a younger Egyptian man.  He is concerned about going to the US embassy in Cairo and being ridiculed for marrying an American woman.  We have looked at many different options to marry.

He is also concerned that if we are turned down that he would be put on some blacklist for applying for any other visa to come to the USA.

Is it easy for him to come to the USA on a k1 visa to the USA?  It seems like the best way, but he is still very concerned. 

Yes, we have been deeply in love for all these years.  Yes have been to see him and he has come to the USA for training, where we saw each other while he was here. 

He is retired military and was trained as fighter pilot in Egypt also by our USA military.  He has been trained here in helicopter certifications and holds a great job flying for a major flight company in Egypt.

Please send all information on how to get married without him feeling that our embassy will try to humiliate him....you know the pride of Egyptian men.

Thank you for your help

There should be no reason for a U.S Consulate to ridicule anyone in the application for a visa.  What evidence is there that would support his fear? Also, why does he fear being "blacklisted" over a visa denial, and why does he think he would be denied?  It's curious to say the least.  He should only be concerned about "blacklists" if he is fraudulent in his visa application, or has committed some act that would have already placed him on such a list.  A denial in itself for failing to meet requirements won't result in being blacklisted.  Also, there are resources for preparing applications and for the interview itself.

To me, he sounds either paranoid, or he has another undisclosed reason for avoiding the American embassy. 

Romaniac

I'm having problems because the American consulate in Egypt just said trump stopped the embassy from doing this when he was here on his little visit... already fought with the embassy, they were extremely rude... they gave me the marriage stamp but did not ask for my divorce decree or anything. . But when my fiance took the paper to the consulate they said I needed my divorce papers stamped... now being told it's impossible because of trump.. if you have any info, please email me at xxxx
Shokran:)

Moderated by Sarvesh 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Your post is confusing. What exactly is your fiancé filing?