Moving to Sierra Leone with your family

Hello everybody,

When settling abroad with your spouse and children, the expatriation process requires an extensive preparation.

What are the considerations to take into account when moving to Sierra Leone with your family? What challenges have you faced? How did your children adapt to their new environment?

What is your recipe for a successful family expatriation in Sierra Leone?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

Hello my name is Iye, I was born and raised in SL until 1990.  I will be moving back in July with my two children from Uk.  Please advise  what area to avoid and schools  for a 9yr old  and sixth form for 16 yr old.  Thank you.

I know it would be expensive, because your kids were not born there and if you want them to have similar education, you should try the Lebanese school or international school or Leone prep which is near to Lebanese school.  My daughter went to international the learning was good but there toilet facilities  was bad nearly no water in the school and sometimes  no light. The cost was around 3.4million in international. Lebanese school was around 7million.

Thank you for your response, I will be staying inJui, how far is it from the schools you mentioned. I am also exploring the possibility of home schooling my children for three to six months while  I  get use to the environment  and  cost of living.   What would you recommend, should I approach the schools now?