IELTS exam

Hello everybody
Is anyone taking the ielts exam soon? it would be really nice if we exchange some information and study materials for the exam. i was kinda confident at first. But now, as the time is getting closer am a little bit concerned. I want to achieve the highest level possible, like 9 or 8.5 at least. so, if anyone wants a study body let me know  :) i am taking the exam on April 2

@ ayaa - Please let me know what assistance you require. I have already taken IELTS and have study material if you like.

Please PM me if require any further assistance.

BR!
Engr. Muhammad Hussain

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : For your security, please send your contact details through your private message system.

Is it your first trial Ayaa?
I'm thinking about taking the exam in April as well, but I haven't decided on the preparation plan yet.

Anooos
Yes it's my first time taking the ielts. Did you sign up ?

Planning to visit soon, let's keep on touch

Ayaa B wrote:

I want to achieve the highest level possible, like 9 or 8.5 at least.

I wish you all the best @Ayaa. It's good to have such enthusiasm; yet on being real, I don't think anyone yet had 9/9 ever in history. This is basically because of writing part of the test. Technically, no one can score full. The same goes for the speaking test.

There is a good number of people with 8.5 score but again a very small percentage from the population. The point I want to make it is not to set such a high expectation that may cause frustration later on. You are brilliant if you get 7.5 or higher.

@ TheLegendhead Thanks for your advice. But my Philosophy is you have to aim high and work hard for that instead of cutting your self short. i've lived by that and so far am doing well. i am not saying that you'll never get disappointed, some times you'll fall sort and that's okay. you either succeed or have a learning experience. witch are both good BTW. So, all i am saying is, I am going to study aiming to get 9 then even if get 7.5 like you said, which i hope wont happen. then i will work on the subjects that i have the lowest ponts on.Then i'll take the test again.

I agree.

Les Brown wrote:

“It is better to aim high and miss than to aim low and hit.”

And that's why I started with, "It's good to have such enthusiasm...".

Global wise if you try to check it out, there is guys have 8.5 and either 9 too.  Build up your self to get high score, I am sure you can reach up to 8 if you have speaking and working experience on it.

Me registered for 3rd April.

Ayaa B wrote:

Anooos
Yes it's my first time taking the ielts. Did you sign up ?

No, not yet. Exam registeration is the easiest part  :D

I am a non English speaker. I can easily communicate in English in my office. How easy or difficult for me to score 7 in all modules?

@ Anooos  I Know but it's the first step .
@ aftabv  there are a lot of youtube videos, and there are websites that let you take the exam similar to the actual exam prior to taking the real exam, so that you can Practice. But you have to pay for the later. but YouTube if free if you are just wondering and didn't decided yet. But if you are serious about taking the exam and you want to take it soon, i advice you to check the websites.

Ayaa B wrote:

@ aftabv  there are a lot of youtube videos, and there are websites that let you take the exam similar to the actual exam prior to taking the real exam, so that you can Practice. But you have to pay for the later. but YouTube if free if you are just wondering and didn't decided yet. But if you are serious about taking the exam and you want to take it soon, i advice you to check the websites.

Thanks Ayaa... I have seen some youtube video's. But the thing is training cost is bit on higher side and I am just too busy in work and have not much time for the preparation, so I am worried a little bit.

So, was just inquiring if I can get score 7 with a little preparation or I have to really work hard to get it.