Living and working in Oman

Hello. I hope that you are well.

I have a question about moving to Oman from South Africa. I hope that you can help me.

Would it be possible for a lady to get a job in Oman and also bring her parents, who are dependent on her, over? What are the procedures?

Thank you.

Hi Galeema,

If you want to live and work in Oman, you should first have real expat project. I mean, you should know what type of job you would like to do depends on your qualifications and experiences. You should look for information about the job market in Oman, knows the country, the culture, if there are job opportunities in what you are looking for.

Have you ever been in Oman? Why have you choose this country?

:)
Christine

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I would be looking into the teaching field in Oman. I am aware of and have the necessary qualifications; I also know of people teaching English in Oman.

My question is: Would I be able to bring over my parents as well?

Hi Galeema

Your initial post may have been a bit confusing as it didn't say if u already *have* a job or scouting.

I do not know about visas for parents who are dependants, but I do know that on a SAfrican visa,  u get a visit visa on arrival in Oman. The cost last year when I travelled was 5 OMR ( approx 220 ZAR) for 7 days . There is also an option of 10 OMR for a longer stay.

thanks for ur reply.

what about if the family wants to stay 3 months?  how would one go about this?

Sorry .. i'm not au fait with family visas long term. Just the visit visas...which you can  use as a  temporary solution .

ok thanks