What is the best Compound for Singles in Riyadh

I'm relocating first of next year to work as an expat for 12 months and would appreciate any input regarding westerner friendly housing compounds. Would like to live somewhere fairly reasonably priced and there are other expats from US, Canada and other western countries.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ditchdoctor

please, if you find this magical compound that you so describe let me know of it also...
all i've had so far are gay men (and even if they arent they most certainly project an image of odd), asians and indians :)
good luck.

Hi, first of all, I would imagine ANY compound is a good one from what I hear about compounds in KSA. You see, not everyone in KSA works in Jeddah and Riyadh and where I am, near the Yemeni border we don't live in compounds,as we are the only foreigners in the city. We live in apartments in a slummy nieghborhood surrounded by the locals.  No pools, no gyms, no security, no compound parties, no social interaction at all except amongst ourselves and we're getting tired of looking and talking to only our co-workers every day, at work and off-duty. No inter-mingling of genders. I haven't seen more than the eyes of a female of ANY nationality in three months. My work mates and I just sit around and read blogs like this and see compounds on youtube and we say "Man, we sure messed up getting this gig. Why couldn't we have gotten hired in the big western-oriented cosmopolitan cities where foreigners can live somewhat normal lives within the coccoon of their compounds?"  Anyway, my intention is not to whine about it  so much, as to point out that ANY compound is good to go from the viewpoint of others who landed gigs in remote backwaters. So we don't want to hear about which compound is the best. Take ANY compound or trade job locations  with me if you want to truly experience the ambiance and atmosphere of going native and literally living among the common folk of KSA. Appreciate your compound--any compound.

Hi Simona,

Thanks for your post. I'm a Flight Paramedic from Orlando Florida USA and have accepted an offer (In Principle) to come over to serve in Riyadh with Red Crescents flight program.

Any insight into what I'm getting to look forward to would be helpful.

I also hit you up on FB but heard that recently was disallowed by the gov't over there.

My personal email is [email protected] if you'd like to correspond that way.

Thanks

ditchdoctor

there u go, ur first non-gay man, hitting immediately

Oh, please. Spare me...

I think he was using "hit you up" as an idiom (slang phrase)meaning "I'll talk to you to get information " or "correspond with you to get information."  I think it was taken out of context.  As for me, I do most blatantly want to "hit on" someone, so I'll accept any rightful criticism. hehe.....

FB is not banned here, that was Pakistan and its back there now.

Hey simona L ,u look beautiful in you Abaya:)
and Dave don't worry.my hubby may get transferred to Jazan so we would have fun together and i 'll cook Pakistani food for u..hehehhehe :lol:

bahrain is ur best compound

Ewww, desperados. I am coming to RUH soon as a Pilot and wanna make some friends in the Aviation field or folks from The West.

Don't hit on the lady as if she is some piece of meat. Distasteful at best.

Phil.

nice discussion

Yes , most definitely. If someone finds the magical compound with single women, and maybe even frost cold hops beverages, let me know too. Going from Saudi to dubai, and getting roped into coming back, it's a shock to my system. I'm in  Al Jzala 3 on the north side....