Where to buy used furniture

Any suggestions for websites that selling used furniture in France (specifically in Lyon)? Craiglist or Dubizzle, anything similar. My husband and i will be moving to Lyon in one month. We are looking for furniture for our new apartment.

Thank you in advance :)

Hi there! Check  Emmaus shops. They're great for second hand bargains. If you want to find an Emmaus store near where you live, visit the Emmaus France website. Check also Le Bon Coin (.fr) which is similar to craigslist.

Troc. com

Leboncoin.com

Troc has a lot of great furniture and the best feature is you can look at all of their inventory online...and in English!

Leboncoin is great for really inexpensive finds and you can get a lot of really good deals there.

Thank you :)

I heard that lebconin is good too. Also there is a website called allovoisins where you can put up a free advertisement asking your neighbours for things. Maybe you could ask if anyone around is selling second hand furniture. Good luck :)

Thank you so much for the information!. :)

Emmaus. I have furnished my renovated abbey in beautiful antique farm furniture. When people inherit the old farms the laws are so bizarre and they squabble that everything gets cleared out and sold. People just have no taste now a days. Check out Emmaus charity. They are in Servas if you are in Lyon. I go there frequently. They have a grande vente each month but are open several days a week. Also Tremplin throws out antiques. I check then for prices at the Lyon antique market. What i pay €5 they sell for €120. Emmaus if full of thieving antique dealers. I just buy for my abbey and love the furniture.