Guys whats going on here for fun?

would any one of you like to tell me about the stuff going on here?

We have gatherings happening time to time and gud that now many people joining! keep u posted soon! cheeers! :)

farah, ur in the worng place for fun. nothing exciting ever really happens out here. this is a place where you will spend the rest of your life chomping on shawermas and sucking on a shisha, period. i've been here five years and they have truly been 'the wasted years' of my life. the most exciting it has gotten here is a meetup where a bunch of five people sit down at a coffe shop, go bowling, meet up at a friends place...well, thats about it. sometimes members discuss about meetups for weeks and when the day arrives, it gets cancelled!
according to me, only saudi arabia and afghanistan are less exciting than here and i'm sooooooooooooo glad i'm leaving for good soon :)
sorry for pissing on your parade mate, but even if you do get to indulge in a 'vice', you'll be doing it with fear, unlike in dubai or bahrain. this place just ain't happening one bit - not culturally, intellectually, creatively, visually, recreationally, spiritually ...u name it.

Dr. Gopi Bezzala you are right because you are new here and you came from different place where you use to do alot of ativities.
I agree with you % 90

holdcardsdown : i agree with you % 93

all gud guys! better then nothg! so cheeers!

so scary environment :(

blv me nothing s going on over here........................

pak_kuwait wrote:

blv me nothing s going on over here........................

Good Man first day you came to know that nuthings going in here:-( heheh

stick to us you will come to know what all going on here

:cheers:

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!may b u right.... keen to know ......

pak_kuwait wrote:

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!may b u right.... keen to know ......

hmmmmmmmmmmm may be

sound gr8 man.... for sure not much disturbers arround here... its quiet n calm.... where the hell is chill n chill man....

pak_kuwait wrote:

sound gr8 man.... for sure not much disturbers arround here... its quiet n calm.... where the hell is chill n chill man....

I think members are tired after attending lots of parties so all are getting some rest And please dont think about devil if devil came then no one will be there to send him back to his bottle.

@idrees me talking about Salah:-)

so u admit devils do exist here some where... i m not bothering abt them bcz already got a protective shield ......

pak_kuwait wrote:

so u admit devils do exist here some where... i m not bothering abt them bcz already got a protective shield ......

hm this means you drink milk twice a day:-) hahahahaha

u r not gud in guessing at all dude..... i drink once.....lol...

pak_kuwait wrote:

u r not gud in guessing at all dude..... i drink once.....lol...

No worries of guesses mate :-) hahahaha 4 get it

any ways me signing off 

you take care

if no one comes online be patients dont bang you head on walls

kidding

see ya soon

cheers

tc buddy.... i m use to coup with lonliness being as luvless since loooooong ... kidding ....byee gd ny8

angelfarah,

sadly, we may have just witnessed (in the dialogue above) what passes for "fun" around these parts.  :(

yeah it was... never mind

Gotti wrote:

angelfarah,

sadly, we may have just witnessed (in the dialogue above) what passes for "fun" around these parts.  :(

if you would have online few hours before so there must be your name also in GOLDEN WORDS. hahahahahaha

its all about to creating and making fun with each other so me here welcome any one.

Hi Farah...same here theres nt much 2 do here...i like 2 go 2 the cinema, coffeeshops, restaurants, spa, beauty salons and really enjoy a nice walk on the beach...aside 4m dat, just work, work, work. Also true, people set up groups to get 2gether and they get cancel at the last moment.

U hve been here 4 couple months now, so wats ur opinion now?
tc

U just joined..so u dono how many gatherings u already missed...wait for end of this month :)

Thank you 4 ur post...

I like 2 hangout, have meaningful conversations with people, engage in cultural activities and have fun...I particularly prefer not to "gather" with 5 or 8 people in a coffeeshop to complain about k8t. I actually like k8t.

Unfotunately, we have to accept there are few or none cultural activities in k8t such as ballet, opera, concerts, nightlife, museums or open spaces in which young people can meet and interact.

k8t is growing and developing itself into the 21st century... so who knows maybe in the near future we will have Shakira, Ricky Martin or Beyonce concerts, ballet and nightlife :).

umm,,

its q8, where'd u hear k8t (katet?)

ricky martin is defunct in terms of music, so most likely he'd move here for similar reasons to michael jacksons move to bahrain.

in q8, you are only limited by your imagination :)
(and the law ofcourse)

anrym wrote:

Thank you 4 ur post...

I like 2 hangout, have meaningful conversations with people, engage in cultural activities and have fun...I particularly prefer not to "gather" with 5 or 8 people in a coffeeshop to complain about k8t. I actually like k8t.

Unfotunately, we have to accept there are few or none cultural activities in k8t such as ballet, opera, concerts, nightlife, museums or open spaces in which young people can meet and interact.

k8t is growing and developing itself into the 21st century... so who knows maybe in the near future we will have Shakira, Ricky Martin or Beyonce concerts, ballet and nightlife :).

We do not complain about Kuwait when we gather in coffee shops, instead we talk, say jokes and relax.

Moo > same remark, please avoid long quotes ;)

[Moderated: Expat.com is not a dating site]

to those who say that kuwait is no fun to live in,
can you please explain why ?

ill be happy to argue and prove u wrong !

TallQ8i @ thats the spirit.damn ,i luv those sentences you wrote.

see, 2-3 days with no argument,
no offence to all, but fun is not a matter where you are, or whats available to u!
fun comes from inside, you have have a great day doing simple things!
and yet, if you come back at me as say (but there is no parties, there are no drinks, there are no social life!)  then you dont know how to live in Kuwait.

Realy i liked what you wrote " fun comes from inside,you have   a great day doing simple things! "

But Let's talk frankly, life in Kuwait is materialistic and most of the people here think about money and do not care about simple things in life. The weather is terrible here !!!

This is all making me very nervous!  As a family with young children, will it be very difficult to find family friendly activities?  Will we have ways to enjoy our free time?  Perhaps what is being referred to here is more nightlife type activities?

Would love to hear from parents of young children here as well!

Thanks everyone! :)

expatmommy - not at all,

most of the malls have activities suitable for kids, plus the schools do have after class activities.

i believe your kids will love living here more than you.

I just received a good job offer to work in kuwait and was more than happy to accept I should be coming to kuwait next month. I am very interested in finding out what most of the members of this blog deem to be fun. I have done some research and found everything that I enjoy doing, here in the uk, is available in K8. I am guessing most people here would want a better night life something that I am not really interested in.

Zizo Welcome on Board

Thanks Moo I am looking forward to joining the expat community. I see that you also speak arabic does that help you mingle with the locals more?

Arabic language sometimes helps me to find what i need.For example if i am looking for a place or something like..etc

How about when looking for a bargin, when buying a car or looking for an apeatment? Going back to the main topic I am interested in joining a five a side football team in suggestions?

Can expats study in a kuwaiti university?

if that was possible,i would have been studying there.i herd there is a seat for every national.the best thing is that it is free of cost,but for getting admission there you need good score like about 85% i am not sure,they require high score so that they are able to get good students and thats y its free.you will find many of Kuwaitis unable to get admission there and they go to AUK or ACK or GUST or any other university.