Camping in Las Terrenas, Samana, or Las Galeras.

Is it permissible to set up a camping tent and stay overnight on most beaches? I am considering visiting the country, dropping my bags at a friends then spend a few days in the Samana region. I would like to spend a night or two on the beach. Probably on a section where there is a security guard watching across the street at an apartment complex.

I would never do it. There are places to camp close to the beach. I value my life. I would go to trip advisor and look at the available camping areas hotel offer..  Just to camp on the beach by yourself is nuts IMO not sure I would even trust the guards

Not the safest thing you can do.

Bob K

I guess I need to throttle back some of my adventure seeking aspirations.

its really too bad. it would be fun.

Yes you need to think a bit before doing "off beat" things here. 

Bob K

I have some experience on the island. However, the camping idea would have been the most riskiest feat I have done, yet. I need to revise the idea and table it after more planning and adding more people beside myself.

I do not know enough people close by any beach area, well enough to address any incident which could occur. Thanks for the advice.

Now I can concentrate on something a little less stupid, but fun. :)

You will have a great time regardless.

Bob K

yes smart move. my family is all Dominican. We do not  trust Dominicans like tourists coming here do. Most Dominicans are very friendly but it can also be dangerous. Be careful whom you befriend here. Not trying to make anyone paranoid but its better to be safe

Thanks, I also have friends in DR. However, none of them leave near a beach. There are honorable and dishonorable people in country, just as the rest of the world. If I ask them this same question about camping. I have no doubt they would offer similar advice to discourage the idea.

We have more than our fair share here jajajajjaajja