Wanting to move to malta

Hi I'm Julie i live in East Yorkshire, UK with my husband and kids. We are wanting to move to Malta permanently next year with our 3 children aged 15, 10 and 7.
Have absolutely no idea where we start to initiate this so can you lovely members help?

Hi Julie! My name is Debbie and our eldest daughter lives in Malta ( for the last three years!) so we too are moving there next year hopefully in Feb or March, we have a 16 year old son also and are mindful of creating a home life in an area that feels right! Our daughter lives in a place called Naxxar and we really feel at home there too! I suppose it depends on what you guys need for your family to run smoothly, ie schools / work etc etc. I would suggest staying in an apartment for at least a week not for a holiday but to get a feel for for everyday life! ( although a week is not near enough!) but you can look at schools, where supermarkets are and if you would prefer an apartment or house. There's so much for me to tell you and explain! I'm sure you will find your feet and any answers you may have on here!
Much luck and all the best! Debbie X

Thanks Debbie. We spent 3wks last year in bugibba and have friends who are retired there. I guess my biggest worry is the children and how it would work with schools etc and how to actually get residence.

juliehanson wrote:

Thanks Debbie. We spent 3wks last year in bugibba and have friends who are retired there. I guess my biggest worry is the children and how it would work with schools etc and how to actually get residence.

If you read other posts I am sure you will find the answers you need as most subjects have been
covered on numerous occasions especally concerning schooling and residency, can 't your
friends living here help you?

They have no idea on the schooling issues and how it works with children. X

Firstly I would advise you to not worry over the "residency issue" if you are an EU citizen then residency is a  right.
You don't apply for residency but advise Malta that you consider yourself resident.
The rest of your questions are probably covered in the schools and studies section.
https://www.expat.com/forum/341-6-study-in-malta.html

Terry