Procedures for Omani Driving License

Dear Team,

I am a new member in Expat.com. Could you please help me in advising the procedures for obtaining an Omani Driving License where I am holding a Valid Indian Driving License which is issued in 2009.  Eagerly awaiting your valuable and expert views.

Regards
Shyamal

i'll try\

hi,
first of all there are plenty of threads on this issue. try to search.

anyways, from june 2015 all licence holders from any foreign country (except a few) has to give all three tests 1. drum test 2. slope test 3. road test.
for that first you have to get your self a learning licence or the green book, after that you can search for some instructor who will teach you for the tests and after passing these tests you can obtain the licence.
but don't think its easy as people have flunked several times here and now a day the rules are getting stricter.

arharsh46 wrote:

hi,
first of all there are plenty of threads on this issue. try to search.

anyways, from june 2015 all licence holders from any foreign country (except a few) has to give all three tests 1. drum test 2. slope test 3. road test.
for that first you have to get your self a learning licence or the green book, after that you can search for some instructor who will teach you for the tests and after passing these tests you can obtain the licence.
but don't think its easy as people have flunked several times here and now a day the rules are getting stricter.

:offtopic:

then .. once you pass, you get to run stop signs, not look where you are going and basically become one of the many dangerous and rude drivers here that have no business being on the roads.

JMHO

Gary

i know i should not have replied here. i am sorry .

Hello all,

I have created a new thread in Oman Forum with your posts as they were off topic on the previous one.

Regards,
Naomi.