Job Offer from Wipro Arabia as Retainer

Hi Guys,

I recently got an offer from Wipro Arabia as a consultant for one of their client in eastern province. They are offering me 20,000/ month (housing, transportation etc. inclusive) but I will not be their direct employee (i.e. the job band they are offering me is "retainer" in project stream). Wipro has three year contract with client but they are offering me one year contract renewable at the end of each the year. I am from Pakistan and currently working in UAE as a permanent employee, living a decent life with my family but with almost no reasonable savings.

What is your expert opinion about this offer. Should I accept it or not. I am really concerned about my job band and contract duration.

Thanks in advance.

Waiting for your valuable suggestions:

abuhamzah wrote:

Hi Guys,

I recently got an offer from Wipro Arabia as a consultant for one of their client in eastern province. They are offering me 20,000/ month (housing, transportation etc. inclusive) but I will not be their direct employee (i.e. the job band they are offering me is "retainer" in project stream). Wipro has three year contract with client but they are offering me one year contract renewable at the end of each the year. I am from Pakistan and currently working in UAE as a permanent employee, living a decent life with my family but with almost no reasonable savings.

What is your expert opinion about this offer. Should I accept it or not. I am really concerned about my job band and contract duration.

Thanks in advance.

Package is really good compared to the UAE as you can save substantially here in the KSA....

Regarding the contract situation I am not well versed and hence I hope that some one else would help you on it...

I received a very similar offer as yours, and would like to know your experience and thoughts about the company, did you join it? How's it going? Do you know more about the retainer band? Is the one year fixed contract interesting?
I will be grateful to anyone who can give me some information.

The 1 year contract is common as per Saudi laws. Every year they are renewing the contract if want to continue with you.

Yearly contract is fine, however you have to check the stability of the company. The offer is better than UAE salary & yet the cost of living here in Saudi is cheaper considering you have family. Now it's your option to grab it or not.