Window Trade in Alicante??

Hi

Me and my wife are looking into moving to the Orihuela area early next year (2016) and as I'm only a young 41 😊 I will be looking for employment.

My trade is glass cutting or anything to do with the manufacturing of double glazed sealed units which is an extremely competitive trade here in the UK but I have been told that it's still an "up and coming" trade in certain regions of Spain including Alicante and that there are a few British companies around this particular area??

I'm looking for advice on this particular industry mainly due to the fact that I am also researching the possibility of starting on my own once we are there and settled.

Kind regards

Wain.

Hi Wain,

Not to sure about whether you could get work in the window trade here , I in the past worked here as a self employed builder , most of the windows seem to be made of  aluminium , generally with sliding windows and roller blind .

Have not seen much in the way of plastic Uk style window frames here , but as you said maybe they may up and coming trend ,

But in saying that I bought an off the peg window  today from our equivalent of B&Q and that was the aluminium type in fact all the windows there were !

Any way good luck , maybe best if you spend a long holiday out here first and ask about for work

Cheers Tony