Nursing jobs in Spain

Im a 44 year old currently living in aylesbury, Bucks, but am hoping to move to Alicante area with my Spanish partner.  I am a registered mental health nurse and speak very little Spanish.

Can anyone tell me if there are job opportunities for English speaking nurses in Spain?

I understand the NHS try very hard to recruit nurses from spain and well as other countries like the Philippines etc.   

I would not think there was much chance of a nurse from outside spain, even with fluent Spanish, would stand much chance of getting a position.

Extract from :-

https://www.justlanded.com/english/Spai … obs/Nurses

“Along with a glut of doctors, Spain has an excess of qualified nurses. According to an article in the Costa Blanca News in September 2004, there are around 15,000 qualified nurses in the Valencian Community alone, and a third of those are unemployed, which is why many of them travel abroad to work.”

Thanks for your post johncar, appreciate the advice. That was my fear but i guess i was hoping there might be some need for mental health professionals in areas with large expat communities....

It appears that i will have to look at other ways to make a living.