Apartments,flats and houses prices

Hello again.

Just enquiring I have heard there is a certain price you have to pay for a flat and house,Could someone enlighten me to what it is please?

I have heard different prices on different websites you see.

Thank you

Hi Mark,

I'm not quite sure what you mean ? Fees for buying or renting or ....... ?

My wife and I have a 2 bedroom flat, 5 minutes walk from st. Julian in a nice family neighborhood.   We pay 300 euro per month, and it was a nominal security deposit.   I used Kenneth at (moderated: no ads please)

I don't exactly know what was in me3512s last post but it looked like it was a personal recommendation for a Letting Agent....but it was moderated as an Ad...surely we are allowed to post personal recommendations like that on this forum? We have in the past - has the policy changed...or maybe it was more flagrant than I am assuming....I'd just like to know, as I think one of the values of a forum like this is to be able to pass on names/websites of things that are useful - so long as we are not self-promoting our business (use the classifieds section for that).

Can a Moderator respond to this question please?

Tim

Mark

I wonder whether you may be thinking about the Permanent Residence Scheme? (NB I am just guessing that this may be what you have in mind.)

This is a scheme which was invented before Malta joined the EU.  It allows people of whatever origin to be tax resident in Malta provided (among other things) they buy or rent a property of a certain value.  According to the Inland Revenue an applicant "must either purchase immovable property valued at not less than €116,000 (€69,000 in the case of an apartment), or lease/rent immovable property for not less than €4,150 per annum within twelve months of taking up residence in Malta".

But the scheme has become less relevant since Malta joined the EU.  If you are an EU citizen (which you seem to be) and want to work in Malta (which you can't under the scheme), you'd do better to forget about it and apply for ordinary residence.  You can then, I think, also forget about official property price requirements.

Hope that helps.

Yeah i didn't mean my last post to be an ad, I just referred to the website and agent I used when moving to the country....   I guess I should read the site rules one of these days.

I'll send you a PM with my guys info.

As for the fees my agent charged.  I think it was 100 euro for him to find me a great house on a 6 month let then if I renew the let I send them another 50 Euro...  Now how long I continue paying them I am not sure, but 50 euro every 6 months isn't a big deal....

Hi me3512,

We are very sorry for this. One of our moderators have made a mistake. Could you please re post your link of this website.

Thank you very much and again sorry.

Thanks for clearing that up Christine. Good to know it wasn't a rules change.

Tim

Christine wrote:

Hi me3512,

We are very sorry for this. One of our moderators have made a mistake. Could you please re post your link of this website.

Thank you very much and again sorry.

The name is Ken Zammit of my agent is and the site is letsmovemalta com

He even set up my internet before I moved into the house.

Good to know I was not out of line.  :)

Sorry ricky.

I meant i heard if a want to buy a flat,apartment or house it has got to be a certain value.

Thanking in advice

Hi Mark,

Ok. No, as has already been said that is only in the Permanent Residence Scheme that you have to adhere to certain figures.

As an EU citizen you can apply for residency anyway as long as you can support yourself -))

Ricky

For those who plan to buy a property in Malta, you can read and get an idea what people think.
Personally I have decided to postpone.
http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … -this-year
Hope this help

Ownersbest.com.mt offer a very decent cross-section of the market and it's possible to speak to the property owners directly.