Chemical engineer looking for a job in UAE

Dear bloggers,

My name is Abdelmajide, I am a chemical engineer with a master degree from Brussels University. I have 8 years experience in process improvements and project management. I've been looking for a job for two years in UAE especially in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Despite my very active job search on website like Bayt.com or teleportmyjob.com, I 've never signed a serious offer. I do not understand because when I read job descriptions on websites mentionned above, this is exactely what I do in my current job.

I decided to step forward and I will be in Dubai for 6 weeks since February 2nd to find a job. However, I don't have any interviews so I will challenge myself to find a job in a relatively short period. Do you have any tips to share to increase the chance of finding  a job in UAE?

I went to UAE embassy in Belgium to validate my certificates and they told me that many people go to UAE without any interviews and some find a job during their trip. It will be so kind of you if you could help me by giving some tips or recommendations to find a job.

In advance, thank you.

Abdelmajide.

The best option is to advertise yourself by furnishing your details in a local news paper (Gulf News is the best) so that you can expect some calls from potential employers. Recruiters are getting 100's of responses on each vacancy notifications and it's practically impossible for them to go through all. So, they will choose the easy method to select the candidates. Besides, companies do prefer candidates who are easily and immediately available. So, coming to UAE for a visit is the best move and since your nationality is Belgium, you can avail 90 days visa on arrival without any charges. You can extend it my exiting the country and upon each exit, you will get 90 days more. Best of luck.

Abenmaam wrote:

Dear bloggers,

My name is Abdelmajide, I am a chemical engineer with a master degree from Brussels University. I have 8 years experience in process improvements and project management. I've been looking for a job for two years in UAE especially in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Despite my very active job search on website like Bayt.com or teleportmyjob.com, I 've never signed a serious offer. I do not understand because when I read job descriptions on websites mentionned above, this is exactely what I do in my current job.

I decided to step forward and I will be in Dubai for 6 weeks since February 2nd to find a job. However, I don't have any interviews so I will challenge myself to find a job in a relatively short period. Do you have any tips to share to increase the chance of finding  a job in UAE?

I went to UAE embassy in Belgium to validate my certificates and they told me that many people go to UAE without any interviews and some find a job during their trip. It will be so kind of you if you could help me by giving some tips or recommendations to find a job.

In advance, thank you.

Abdelmajide.

Sending you a vacancy that I saw one of my contacts shared in Linkedin. Check your PM :)

Oops, I have copied and pasted a facebook job hunter group to a couple of my contacts and they have blocked me for spamming :D

Send me a message and ill reply :)

Thank you for your tips shanafashyaana. When you say "advertising yourself in local newspaper", do you mean on the web or locally?

Thank you very much for your answer windealer. Unfortunately, I checked my PM and there was no message from you, I sent you a PM.