Maids and Nurses - cost of?

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are for the cost of a maid and or a nurse?  (live in or otherwise)

I am planning for the future and if I make the move here it will be for life.

I tried a maid once, but it cost me my Lenovo tablet, which disappeared, on her first day...

Make sure you get all checks done. Barangay Clearance, NBI etc....

I see some maids wanting about 4,000 pm live in, others 10,000.

Not all the maids are bad. You have to make sure there is.nbi and other.credentials. And if you.need one please contact me. Thank you

there are maids are very honest only few are the bad ones.

Be vigilant in hiring household help even if they come from a reputable agency.
Make sure you get all clearances (NBI and Police Clearance) for added safety.
Minimum cost for a maid nowadays is around 4,000.00/month. Some can go as high as 12,000.00/month depending on the type of jobs they'll do.

Thanks guys,

Do maids cook and shop?

as well as clean the house, wash clothes and normal other cleaning jobs.

There is a maid / helper here that just finished training to go OFW.
Appears good person from what I can tell.  Good thing she has just finished train.   Think 10 to12k

Yes, but I would refer to them as helper or house helper. They appreciate those titles.

Rei Ambers wrote:

Minimum cost for a maid nowadays is around 4,000.00/month. Some can go as high as 12,000.00/month depending on the type of jobs they'll do.

Thanks Rei,

In addition to this amount, is there anything else an employer needs to pay for?  Or are the above figures the total cost of employment?

And does it cost more to have a live in maid, or less?

ABCDiamond wrote:

I tried a maid once, but it cost me my Lenovo tablet, which disappeared, on her first day...

Make sure you get all checks done. Barangay Clearance, NBI etc....

I see some maids wanting about 4,000 pm live in, others 10,000.

Thanks Diamond,

In addition to this amount, is there anything else an employer needs to pay for?  Or are the above figures the total cost of employment?

If live in it is much less. 
Not getting into other regulations.  Just remember this is the Philippines. Things are more shades of grey than black and white.
Less just say I have a friend that only pays few pesos as need to run earns to market and such.
Duties, any reasonable work needs to be done.
I know this part appears strange to some expats,  at least at first.  Sit down with her,  write down in SIMPLE TO DO list of what is expected.  Have her sign with you and keep it where she can see it.  Amazing how what duties can change and suddenly it's your fault.
Good luck

pej1111 wrote:
Rei Ambers wrote:

Thanks Rei,

Hi~ live in maid costs less and the above figures should be the total cost. It's imperative to discuss to the maid their work scope no matter how mundane it is.
Cooking and other tasks should be part of their tasks if you wish to. Include it in your needed qualities when hiring.
And always have a contract for your safety.

i have a very good live in housekeeper in makati - i pay her 5000 a month plus room and board and toiletries and she has one day a week off - it is probably 1000 per month higher than the average but she is far above average - i am not familiar with nurses - i do not know salaries but i know that there is currently a surplus of nurses in the philippines so there is availability - i hope this helps

Going rate for maids is much higher in the cities. We are in Cavite and going rate here is 4000 pesos

afzalraza wrote:

i have a very good live in housekeeper in makati - i pay her 5000 a month plus room and board and toiletries and she has one day a week off - it is probably 1000 per month higher than the average but she is far above average - i am not familiar with nurses - i do not know salaries but i know that there is currently a surplus of nurses in the philippines so there is availability - i hope this helps

Thanks Afzalrazzi

Hi I'm working as a hiuse maid here in Makati I was working in korean family for 3 years  she gave me 6000 pesos plus 2000 food allowance she provide my toeletries too. I had SSS and PHELHEALTH. They move to Korea reason fir leaving.

The recent one in Idian Family for 4 years they gave me 8000 per month plus SSS and PHILHEALTH.

Hope it help u. And if hired house maid ask police and Nbi clearance and employer certificate if they have.

Do u also have caretaker who can stay in the house in Cagayan de Oro?

I have to ad my two-cents. It amazes me how you guys are bragging about paying someone to cook and clean for you and how little you pay them and to boot you even complain about them stealing from you. It's called Exploitation. You are exploiting the fact that these folks are so hard pressed financially that they will work for peanuts and instead of helping them to move out of their impoverished state of being you exasturbate the problem by only paying what you can get away with.

Yet in other forums you brag about how you pay 3 times the rent for a home and your excuses are as ridiculous as your reasoning for paying a maid barely enough to eat on.

You get what you pay for. If I were your maid I'd help myself to everything you have so count your blessings. A maid should be assured that you will pay her a high salary and benefits for her trust and availability. Afterall she is devoting a lot to you. Let her know that you have her back and that you will in every way try and help her to move ahead in life. That would insure a bond of trust between you guys and then sit back and enjoy the loyalty.

You can get away with paying 4k for a maid here and with that said, what are you really getting away with?

ruberagas wrote:

Hi I'm working as a hiuse maid here in Makati I was working in korean family for 3 years  she gave me 6000 pesos plus 2000 food allowance she provide my toeletries too. I had SSS and PHELHEALTH. They move to Korea reason fir leaving.

The recent one in Idian Family for 4 years they gave me 8000 per month plus SSS and PHILHEALTH.

Hope it help u. And if hired house maid ask police and Nbi clearance and employer certificate if they have.

I will pay you 12k plus benefits.

sirrobcentral wrote:
ruberagas wrote:

I will pay you 12k plus benefits.

HI Sirrobcentral and Ruberagas

As usual I appreciate your feed back, it is always good to get as many perspectives as possible.

My girl friend used to work as a maid for a Filipino family and she was paid 2,000 per month, this was as a live in maid, as such she used to get food on top of her wage, and no Phil health.  That was in a small province city, about 3 years ago now.

I always think that it is important that when living in another country that we do not raise the price on things such as services, as the flow on effect can led can led to bigger problems, for the local community.  If people

My understanding is that a nurse after  4 years of college makes about 25,000 to 28,000 php a month, (no food no board) and teacher is about the same, in both cases if they can get work at all.  I consider what the flow on effect could be, if I was to pay higher than local market wages.  I am not advocating paying 3,000php per month, unless I was to be living in a province.

There is no doubt that by me living in the Philippines I do change the local economy, but I do always consider flow on effects to the community, if I was to be paying a lot higher than local market rates.

In the end we will all pay, or not, what we fell a service is worth.

I have lived here in the Philippines for almost 8 years. Everything that I read here is correct for the maids salaries. As far as RN's, you can pay as little as 7,000 a month in provinces and as much as high teens in Manila, etc... Check it out on olx.com.ph

If you are on a tighter budget, another option instead of an RN is hiring a TESDA certified Caregiver. The salaries are lower but like I read here as well, you get what you pay for.

Yah your right Sire and some people think only they're needs sometimes they want they're house maid to work for free for they gave so cheap salary and the sad is usually filipino employer and if the housemaid found someone who give good salary and benefits the leave them and the employer said shes a thief shes no good but first of all I would like to ask you employer are u good to your maids? Its really sad for us evn u asked nicely that u leave in the end they'll tell u that your not a good maid.

Is that for maid or Nurse Drkabiri?

Ah ok Thanks

Bradspencer wrote:

I have lived here in the Philippines for almost 8 years. Everything that I read here is correct for the maids salaries. As far as RN's, you can pay as little as 7,000 a month in provinces and as much as high teens in Manila, etc... Check it out on olx.com.ph

If you are on a tighter budget, another option instead of an RN is hiring a TESDA certified Caregiver. The salaries are lower but like I read here as well, you get what you pay for.

Thanks Brad, very much appreciated.

ruberagas wrote:

Yah your right Sire and some people think only they're needs sometimes they want they're house maid to work for free for they gave so cheap salary and the sad is usually filipino employer and if the housemaid found someone who give good salary and benefits the leave them and the employer said shes a thief shes no good but first of all I would like to ask you employer are u good to your maids? Its really sad for us evn u asked nicely that u leave in the end they'll tell u that your not a good maid.

Good point Rubergas,

I know in some countries it is expected that the maid will have long time work with the employer.

Just my two cents:
Sometimes maid stay with the employer even if the pay is average just because the employer is good to them and treats them well.
People wont stay in a good paying job if their employer is a big asshole.
I myself has a part time job of cleaning a condo after my office hours at least once a week and the owner is good to me. Sometimes Being kind goes a long way.
Of course if the maid is a thief and a liar - that's another story.

Yes theres nothing wrong of working partime cleaner after work. And  i'm so grateful my employer is really nice.    thank you Lord

Can any one tell me how much Phil Health is?  Also is it a set price or based on some ones wage?

Thanks in advance?

Philhealth only 200 pesos Sir

Is there any one here need a maid? Actually I'm searching a job just around makati area full time, partime ,or stay in. Thanks

pej1111 wrote:

Can any one tell me how much Phil Health is?  Also is it a set price or based on some ones wage?

Thanks in advance?

It is based the wage bracket.

Phil Health Members In The Formal Economy

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/formal/

Salary Bracket    Salary Range    Salary Base    Total Monthly Premium    Employee Share*    Employer Share
1    8,999.99** and below    8,000.00    Monthly Premium 200.00     employer 100.00    employee 100.00
2    9,000.00 - 9,999.99    9,000.00    Monthly Premium 225.00     employer 112.50    employee 112.50
3    10,000.00 - 10,999.99    10,000.00    Monthly Premium 250.00     employer 125.00    employee 125.00
<>
28    35,000.00 and up    35,000.00    Monthly Premium 875.00     employer 437.50    employee 437.50

*Employee share represents half of the total monthly premium while the other half is shouldered by the employer.

**For Kasambahay helper receiving a wage of less than Five Thousand Pesos (P5,000.00) per month, the employer will shoulder both the employee and employer share based on the premium schedule.

Phil Health Members Members In The Informal Economy

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/informal/

Those who work for him/herself and are therefore both the employer and employee are qualified under this program

hi - to which post is this a response

ABCDiamond wrote:
pej1111 wrote:

Thanks in advance?

It is based the wage bracket.

Phil Health Members In The Formal Economy

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/formal/

Salary Bracket    Salary Range    Salary Base    Total Monthly Premium    Employee Share*    Employer Share
1    8,999.99** and below    8,000.00    Monthly Premium 200.00     employer 100.00    employee 100.00
2    9,000.00 - 9,999.99    9,000.00    Monthly Premium 225.00     employer 112.50    employee 112.50
3    10,000.00 - 10,999.99    10,000.00    Monthly Premium 250.00     employer 125.00    employee 125.00
<>
28    35,000.00 and up    35,000.00    Monthly Premium 875.00     employer 437.50    employee 437.50

*Employee share represents half of the total monthly premium while the other half is shouldered by the employer.

**For Kasambahay helper receiving a wage of less than Five Thousand Pesos (P5,000.00) per month, the employer will shoulder both the employee and employer share based on the premium schedule.

Phil Health Members Members In The Informal Economy

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/informal/

Those who work for him/herself and are therefore both the employer and employee are qualified under this program

Many thanks Diamond.  Your assistance is as always greatly appreciated.

pej1111 wrote:

Thanks in advance?

My wife and I paid 1200 pesos for both her and I for six months.

drkabiri wrote:

(moderated as being a scammer).

Your website is not very clear.  You quote a rate of 5%..  Is that 5% per day, per week or ???

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Publicity strictly not allowed. You may register your services in the Business directory free of charge.

Is that the live in rate for nurses? - we are at Tagaytay, Cavite

maids or house helpers salary ranges 4k and above,thats usually a stay-in,food and accommodation is free,below 5k salary.it will the employers responsibility to pay for her SSS and Philhealth contributions, thats the Kasambahay Law.They should also be given atleast 1 day /week off or depends if she is from far province then atleast a week day off with pay every year.and its not a 24 hour job for the stay-in okay..they too get tired.be sure you have every house rules cleared .Do's and Dont's before  hiring them..medical check will be helpful to  make sure they can do their duties efficiently and also for the safety of both parties.you dont want any disease spreading around ur household.RESPECT,TRUST AND HONESTY for both parties.theyre house helpers not slaves.Treat them with respect and vice versa..be very cautious too and set rules to avoid abuse from both parties.

for private nurses. live-in or a stay-out but in either case,it ranges from 800-1,200/12 hours shifting  duty.2 full meal is free.for caregivers it ranges  700-850/12 hours,live-in or out.it can also  depends on ur agreement. they know their respective duties as nurses and caregivers jut need to explain the clients  medical condition, house rules etc.

Hope these things helps...im a private duty Caregiver..im sharing my own experience

God bless!!

I have just being speaking to a couple of experienced nurses, in General Santos.  There pay is 10,000 to 12,000 php per month, and they work night shifts for that amount, over time is paid is an extra 20php per hour.

A head nurse is paid 30,000 per month.

I think the 5,000 php per week for a maid is and example of foreigner's paying to much.