Cost of living in Kuwait

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in Kuwait.

Don't forget to mention where in Kuwait you are living.

How much does it cost to live in Kuwait?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

muy husband has to go and living in kuwait, we want to know the cost of living, rental a house or apartament, food, taxi, driks, food ..

thanks
maricaspi

OK.... first off, merry welcome :)

You can rent houses apartments in all kinds of prices.

Most of the more decent apartments start at 300KD, but you can't expect too much. Usually those places are not in great shape.
We paid 550KD for our apartment, had a decently clean complex (inside), pool and Gym.

These are prices for Mangaf area.

The prices closer to the city are steeper and I think there's an area called Fintas where it is a tad cheaper.

You def. have to be there and look at places AND the surrounding areas to make sure you don't get yourself into a mess.

Many Villas are for rent privately, but I'm not sure I would do that. Some friends of ours got kicked out of one place after just moving in a few months before that.

There are supposedly some nice Villas for rent close to camp Arifjan. It all depends on where your husband will work.

Those prices are usually including the utilities costs, often Internet as well and furnished.

Car rental, you best send an inquiry to some of the rental companies via email. We had a rental, but I don't remember the exact price. I think it was 300KD per month, but I really am not sure.

Food prices are pretty steep as well since almost everything gets imported.
Can't give examples, since it's been a year since we are gone.

Here's a link to a blog about Mangaf:
http://mangaf.net/category/development/

And here's one where you might find comparisons to food prices (just click the search, she often posts stuff like that):
http://intlxpatr.wordpress.com/

Best wishes,
Nicole