Any keen fruit tree growers in HCMC D2

I have started germinating tropical fruit seeds (star fruits; jack fruit; avocado; mango; dragon-eye; lychee; durian fruit; and rambutan) on my small balcony 6 months now as a hobby & they have grown very fast and as tall as 5 feet now I am running out of space; I had to move about 50 plants indoor recently and still need more space to accommodate all the plants. I would be very happy to see some of these plants go to a good home; that is; I am not selling; I just want to give them to someone who has a genuine interest and love for growing tropical fruit trees.

Please get in touch if you are interested.

Im interested in acquiring some trees, where do you live?

Agriurban wrote:

Im interested in acquiring some trees, where do you live?

Hello :cheers:

For info, this thread has been inactive since last year as the member himself.

Hope he reverts back

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hey, I can see that this post is a few years old now but I thought I would reply on the off chance you were still cultivating.
I have recently moved to a new apartment in Ho Chi Minh with a small rooftop space that needs some plant life.
I am keen on sustainability and I would like to utilise the space with some productive plants. I'm happy to take them for free or pay a fee for the work you have put in nurturing them! Either way, If you are still around get in touch,

Thanks, Calum.

Anyone planning to grow these fruits at home should consider that some of them, in particular starfruit, avocado, mango, lychee and perhaps dragon-eye and rambutan do not grow true to seed.  That is the fruit from the new tree may be nothing like the fruit that gave you the seed.  This is why these are commercially propagated by vegetative means like air layering and grafting branches to seedling stock.  Also note that lychee, rambutan, and perhaps dragon eye have sexually distinct types.   That is there are male, female and hermaphroditic flowers.  If you have a solitary male or female tree, you will have no fruit.

If you are thinking about a rooftop garden another thing to remember is size.  Most of these grow quite large before they fruit.  One exception may be star fruit which seems a little more bush-like.  There is a lot more to growing fruit trees than putting seeds in the ground after you eat the fruit.

In a shop in Ben Luc I bought about 20 fruit trees about 1 meter high for about 1.6 million dong.  Very cheap and you don't have to wait very long until you can harvest the first fruits.  Now after Tet I will buy dragon fruit, papaya and passion fruit.  After a longer rainy season my wife's grandfather will give me bananas and coconut scions.

What's the address of the shop? Thanks.

I don't know the name of the shop or the address (grandfather of my wife showed us this shop).
But these are the coordinates:
10.6451891, 106.4865738

It's more like a garden than a shop.
They only speak Vietnamese.

Hi,

Does someone has experience with the Magic Fruit in this country?
CÀ CHUA THN  GỖ in Vietnamese.

In regards to buying fruit trees/ plants. I found a place nearer town. It's in Thu Duc, amazing variety of plants, nice people, only speak Vietnamese but I managed to get what I wanted and delivery through my very weak Vietnamese/iphone. Reasonable prices, definitely worth a look!
Coordinates arn't Exact but close enough to find it. 10°50'44.2"N 106°45'01.3"E

Hi, i come to hcmc every month or so from Nam Cat Tien. I am beginning to garden here and want trees. If you are still looking to move some let me know! Enjoy your trees! Hope its not too hot and dry for them.
Best of luck , Barry

Barrboy wrote:

Hi, i come to hcmc every month or so from Nam Cat Tien. I am beginning to garden here and want trees. If you are still looking to move some let me know! Enjoy your trees! Hope its not too hot and dry for them.
Best of luck , Barry

You may want to check the date of the post you are replying to, it was 2015.