Hi!

Hi Guys!

I'm moving in from New Delhi in the second week of November (have taken up a job there). Now I need a place to stay and don't know where exactly to look for and how. My office will be in the Jalan Ampang area, and I'm looking for something in the nearby area - 1BHK/Studio.

What are the available options? Would love if the neighborhood has some fine eating joints.

My budget would be around RM 1500 (not sure if it is at the lower or higher end).

Any kind of help/tips/suggestions are highly appreciated.
Hoping to find a roof and new friends.

Cheers!

Welcome to Expat-blog, Mystified :)

Hi,

I am rohit and have just relocated from New delhi as well (on Oct24 to be precise).

I am not sure of jalan Ampang but if you need a room in brickfilds then there is one room available in my apartment itself and that shoudl cost you 1k which is pretty ok..lot of north indian guys staying here in and around and they helped me search this as well so you may not feel alone too.
You can get real good food as we have punjabi dhaba just downstairs..Th condo is Scott Villa..and if somebody else also joins us then we can actually move to Suassana sentral also..its much much better consdering metro (LRT and KTM here )is just few steps away its teh KL Sentral are and really lots of Indian families staying here too. All these condos have GYM Pool etc and is ver near to YMCA also.you should be able to save 500 from your budget too :)

You can get in touch with me at 60102665945 and id [email protected]
Would you mind introducing your self? I am a chartered accountant by profession by the way and from North of delhi (near North campus).. You can find me on FB
Lookign forward to your response

Regards
Rohit Thakkar

Thanks Sheetul.

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for ur info. I would be staying at brickfields for initial 1st week @Company's accomodation. Hope to catch you then. Will definitely give u a call upon arrival (which is 7th of Nov). So lets catch up then and see how it works out ;)

BTW, I am an application consultant and would be joining Great Eastern Assurance.

Looking fwd to meeting u.

Chow

Hi Rohit,

I am writing you after reading your response.

As I also have relocated from New Delhi recently and staying in office guest house.

Looking for a room in KL Sentral; can you please guide me or if you have anything in your knowledge.

Thanks
Tanuja

Hi Tanuja - i suggest you post an advert in the Rooms for rent in Kuala Lumpur section and please note that this thread is dated 2010 :)