Gross yearly salary 63.000EUR to net?

Hi All,

I would like to ask for help/advise. I'm searching the internet and blogs since days, but got quite confused because I'm reading different things everywhere and the online calculators also result in different numbers when trying to figure out the yearly net salary I would get for a 63.000EUR yearly gross (including double holiday pay and year end premium). Most probably meal vouchers and car would be available too.

Could someone help me to understand what would be the net yearly salary (the monthly amount is not that important, I'm more interested in the yearly total net) if I'm single, without children and would move from Czech Republic to a town near to Brussels (such as Leuven or around this area)?

Also, comments on the level of this salary would be much appreciated as well.

Many thanks,
Tommy

Tommy88 wrote:

Hi All,

I would like to ask for help/advise. I'm searching the internet and blogs since days, but got quite confused because I'm reading different things everywhere and the online calculators also result in different numbers when trying to figure out the yearly net salary I would get for a 63.000EUR yearly gross (including double holiday pay and year end premium). Most probably meal vouchers and car would be available too.

Could someone help me to understand what would be the net yearly salary (the monthly amount is not that important, I'm more interested in the yearly total net) if I'm single, without children and would move from Czech Republic to a town near to Brussels (such as Leuven or around this area)?

Also, comments on the level of this salary would be much appreciated as well.

Many thanks,
Tommy

If you are earning over 38,000 euro the tax rate is 50%. Do a Google search to confirm this.

Thanks Stumpy, I have seen that in the numerous searches, but when I do the math 63.000/2 its not even close to those results using one of the online calculators. This is why I'm asking for help from someone having the full knowledge how to calculate the net salary.
If more info is needed in order to do that, please let me know.
Many thanks,
Tommy

If I figured it out right, it should be like this:
13.5% from gross salary is deducted for medical security
50% of net for taxes (if you have big salary, 45% if you have only decent salary :))
so:
net + 50%net = gross- 13.5%gross, witch leads to:
net = gross *0.865/1.5
Did I got it right, anyone?
Or, from gross salary you deduct 10500e for person + 1500e for every dependant child (yearly, up to that amount is not taxable) or in your case:
net + 50%(net-10500) = gross- 13.5%gross:
net = (0.865*gross+5250)/1.5
I am not sure if gross is  13.92*monthly gross or 12*monthly gross

Hmm... Thanks, but I'm more confused now than ever :)

If anybody who has experience in gross/net calculation in Belgium could help me with a clear and reliable answer/figure it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tommy

Can someone in your company responsible for integration of foreigners or perhaps the HR guide you?

Yeah, 'Google it' is the least helpful advise.

Yeah, in worst case I will turn to them, but wanted to have a pretty accurate number before I go back to them... And though someone must know the exact way to calculate this :) In my home county I can tell you until the last cent how much your net is based on the gross :)

Hello Tommy88,

In fact, the calculation system is so twisted that even most Belgians do not understand it ... The basic fee schedule can be provided by the accounting department of your employer. Just for the so-called withholding tax, this represents a 35-page document with different matrices of calculation.

The only advice I can give you is that as single, you have to ask a small salary with many fringe benefits. If you do not do it, you will be taxed fully.

But if you do not plan to settle down permanently in Belgium, why not ask an expatriate contract in Belgium.

Hey Phipiemar,

Well, the offer I have is 63k EUR per year and other benefits as well like meal wouchers, health plan, pension plan, housing support, car, bonus up to 20%, etc. (not sure what else should/could I ask for - this sounds already a lot for me). My main motivation to move would be to build significant savings, that's why I'm so desperate to know how much net this would result in.

PS: Expatriate contract unfortunately is not an option for me... But I agree that would be the best.

As mentioned earlier I will ask within the company if noone here would be able to help due to the twisted system in Belgium...

Many thanks,
Tommy

I was wrong, not taxable yearly allowance for single person is 7070e, but my calculation is most precise  answer you will get :) And it is pretty consistent with every example gross/net I have encounter (+-10e per month).
So, if your gross salary is 63000 (presuming it includes only taxable income), your net would be (0.865*63000+0.5*7070)/1.5 = 38586e. Anyway, considering all the benefits you are getting (especially if they are paying your rent), it is an excellent salary for a single person.

Hi tommy,

No problem. Given your statements, it is a fact that you negotiate well. But it is also understood that you had taken the time looking on the internet to find salary calculation sites. I chose not to give you a numerical approximation of your salary.

As for what you might be able to save, share your wages into three: one third for housing costs, one third of the operating costs (rental expenses, food, ...) and a third for What you want.

There are cons by a trick you could use but requires accounting. Indeed, the tax department retain a fixed lump sum depending on the level of your annual salary. But you can be taxed on the basis of your actual expenses. This is part of what is also called the withholding tax.

Thanks Marilay, however very strange that on the "vacanture.be" for example I get 26136,34EUR as net, thats quite a big difference... What calculators are you using?

Thank you Phipiemar, sooner or later it will turn out anyway, but you know, the sooner the better :)

Also, thanks for the tip, since during the first year I will get tax return consultation paid by the company, I will keep this is mind and see if I could get something out of it :)

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No promotion of external links on the forum please.

hello,

You will find relevant information here with PwC:
taxsummaries.pwc.com/uk/taxsummaries/wwts.nsf/ID/Belgium-Individual-Significant-developments

Regarding the package information that you mentioned, your effective income tax rate will be about 32% (for a single tax payer without child).
Also, do not forget to take social security contributions into account in your analysis.

Regards,

Hi Tommy88, I am looking for answer to same question you posted in 2015. I suppose by now, you are settled in Belgium and must have decoded taxation (to some extend). I am evaluating an offer, 60000e; if you can help me understand my take home please? I am married with 4 yr old daughter.

Use a gross-net calculator.

Assuming 5000 per month gross, 1 non working spouse, 1 child.

You are likely to be paid 13 not 12 months, so X 13.

You are likely to get meal cheques of say 8 per day X 230 days = 1840 per year.

You might get hospitalization insurance, green cheques, maybe even a company car.

Put a financial cost on all these tax free extras and add onto salaried income.

Salaire brut:5000.00 €

Cotisations ONSS:653.50 €

Imposable:4346.50 €

Précompte:1179.89 €

Cotisation spéciale de sécurité sociale:49.51 €

Net à payer:3117.10 €