Why online banking hasn't evolved a lot yet in D.R.

Why online banking hasn't evolved a lot yet in D.R.

I would think security is one big issue

Bob K

The same reason they can't figure anything else out like how to provide electricity, maintain the roads, pass proper laws and just about any other thing an organized country is supposed to do.

With that said, there are some banks with good online banking here.

I do most of my banking online.  I use Banco Popular.  They seem secure and fairly easy to use considering my spanish sucks!

It is getting better.  BanReservas has a pretty good online system both personal and business accounts.  AND it is available in English too!   But their ATM network isn't great.

Scotia has a decent online system as well.  It has evolved a lot in the last  couple of years. 

I think the banks here are getting better. Remember that with a market of only 10 million people there is only so much advancement that will happen compared to markets of 300 million people - more market drives competition drives innovation.

I continue to be a bit skeptical and distrustful of the system on all online services here. Besides I enjoy the day it takes to walk around town paying all my bills.  I even takes long enough to enjoy a nice lunch somewhere. :D

Bob K

Nice excuse Bob,  I know that works for you!!!   :D