Getting oriented and making friends in Antwerp

Hi everyone,

I'm an American expat on exchange at the University of Antwerp. I arrived late (only about a week ago), and I missed the student orientation and icebreaker week, so I'm just now starting to branch out and explore the city. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing their experiences living here, or in meeting up.

I'm particularly interested in finding a good venue for social dance, in particular swing dance. If anyone has any insight into this, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Update: I see this question has already been asked here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=41124

Best,

Jake

Welcome to Expat.com, Jake!

Your topic is being transferred to Antwerp's forum :)

Cheers
Arlette

School only started a week prior, though, classes started on the 28th and there was no class on the 30th due to that silly "party" thing they have. I don't think you missed much of anything, really. What is your focus at the university? My husband goes there, majoring in English & Dutch.

What exactly do you want to hear about? I've been living here a little less than a year and a half now, and I absolutely love it. Have you explored the city? I'd be happy to show you around if not, or to meet and chat if there's any questions you have about life here, or whatever.

Hi Melby,

I'm really interested in the nightlife in Antwerp, in particular the music scene. I'm also interested in the art and museums. I've explored a bit around city center, but there's still a lot I haven't seen.

It would be great if we could get together sometime and talk about your experiences living here. I'll send you a private message with my mobile number, and hopefully we can find a time.

Best,

Jake

Hi Jbeard,

I see that it's been a month or so since you posted
here, I live here already 4 years in Antwerp. The Nightlife
scene here is great, especialy thursday evenings (students night)
usually. There is so many places to go out. If you want to meet up and know some more information about Antwerp, I'd be happy to show around or just go for a beer.

Regards,
Victor

Welcome :)

Hey Jake....am also new hear..would love to hang out.

Sanjay