British Solicitors - any in Tripoli?

I need to get a document sworn, i've looked into having a libyan solicitor do it but they want to charge 500 dinar for something that costs a fiver in the UK..  According to the company I have to send the docs to the particular court they use will not accept it being sworn by the Consulate, so if anyone has any info that would help please let me know as on my salary i'm just not flush enough to justify a weekend trip back to the UK :(

flipfinger wrote:

I need to get a document sworn, i've looked into having a libyan solicitor do it but they want to charge 500 dinar for something that costs a fiver in the UK..  According to the company I have to send the docs to the particular court they use will not accept it being sworn by the Consulate, so if anyone has any info that would help please let me know as on my salary i'm just not flush enough to justify a weekend trip back to the UK :(

You must be joking!

Before going to the UAE, we had to have my degree certificate and marriage certificate notarized. The bill came to a round 100 Quid. You may also find that you'll also need to have the doc attested by the FCO (another 80 Quid).

Only British Notaries or Solicitors are authorized to approve British documents.

Make an enquiry at the consular section of the British Embassy at Fortress Al Fatah, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

There was a thread about lawyers a short while ago. some information was posted there, you can browse and have a look to see if it helps.

Notary's cost a mint here. Lawyers - you get what you pay for

well , again, i've been on the west side of the global anglo saxon education, so still trying to pull wise ass remarks about the word ^solicator'. anyone even not british is wellcome to me , just explain what u r soliciting:)

Thanks for all the helpful posts.  TolgaU.. Off you go for a cold shower and your medication...:rolleyes: