Package shipped on 18th, could it be stuck in Customs how can I tell?

Hey!

I'd love some help with this. My parents shipped a bunch of my cloths, and things for work that I need. The package said it left Miami on the 17th at night so would have gotten here the 18th. I still haven't gotten it. Do you think it could be stuck in customs? Anyone know someone I can call to ask if it's there? I know sometimes you have to pay some tax, I just need it ASAP and dont want to have it sitting there for weeks if I can just go and pay and get it.

Any help appreciated!

Obrigado!

Liz

Hi Liz,
Maybe you should ask your parents which shipper took your package and the airwaybill nr., who is the correspondent of that shipper in Brazil and contact them with the airwaybill nr.
Hope this helps
Arlette

you should see if they got a tracking number....but also---Brazilian customs are the worst in the world!! at least in my opinion, which is biased, but don't give up on it. it will come eventually, customs can keep a package anywhere from 3-5 weeks, i have no idea why they are so slow.....but i will say that if your parents shipped in anything OTHER than a USPS box, then chances are the customs are ripping it appart and examining it. It is not usual in brazil to recycle boxes, if it doesnt look like a postal box, then it is "suspicious". my mom sent me my things in a box recycled from a sports clothes company--customs decided i bought it from the sports company. even after they opened it and saw the pictures of my family members. sent it back to inspection three times each time with an added R$15 fine. they already asked for a R$180 customs fee from me for my own stuff. so be carefull when shipping to brazil. 1 month minimum time means 2 month maximum. it still will probabaly come :) it only takes about 2 weeks to ship something from here to the US though. US customs is much much more efficient.