Foreigners Survival Guide for Germany

I'm living in Kuwait right now with my German wife.
I am supposed to relocate to Germany after 5 months  and want to transfer all my savings to Germany.
my wife is German but unregistered her address in Germany because she was living outside Germany for long time.
What shall we do to properly relocate?
Please advise.

You need to apply for a family reunion visa to join your German spouse in Germany. The embassy needs up to theee months to process it, so start early.
For the visa, basic German language skills (A1level) are required, and the officers also often ask for other stuff to evaluate whether your marriage is genuine and whether your life in Germany is financially secured.

That means my wife has to go there  three months before me and register an address then i apply for   family reunion visa right? and how can i transfer my savings to Germany when i leave Kuwait and i have no German bank account?

Your wife can open an account and you transfer the money to that?

This what i think of but there is a worry of blocking her account if the bank finds big transfers  from a Kuwaiti account from my name to her German account in her name..they might think it is money laundry!

Your wife does NOT need to go three months before you, just submit with your visa application some proof that you will move with her (e.g. her job contract in Germany). You also don’t need a residential address there at the time of application.
Regarding bank transfer, just move first, open a bank account and then make the transfer (by Internet banking or post).
The German money laundry law requires yoi to declare any transfer above €12500 - and in case they ask you need to show proof of how you got the money. They only ask if anything looks suspicious.

Thank you so much for this info
My wife works as a freelancer translator and if i move from Kuwait i will cancel my residency and will close my bank account in Kuwait. that means i must transfer my savings before that.
So if one transfer is below  €12500 it should be ok ?
If i transfer let say every second day  about €3000 for few days  that should be ok right?

I'm not sure about the exact wording of the regulations, but I don't expect them to be so dumb that this can circumvent the need to declare (which is what I suggest you better do!).
In addition, all countries I worked in so far allowed me to keep my bank account even after moving away (and many of them I still have).

Thank you so much  ..I think i was misinformed about my bank account in Kuwait.

Moderated by Bhavna 2 months ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I’m new here I tried getting a job but it’s been irreesponsive and opening a bank account as well. Please any suggestion on how to deal with this. Thanks in advance

Kzman :

I’m new here I tried getting a job but it’s been irreesponsive and opening a bank account as well. Please any suggestion on how to deal with this. Thanks in advance

Well if one is looking for a job and wants advice then they should give much more details about their education, job experience and skills. And your profile says you are a Nigerian living in Spain but you are posting on the German forum. How does this fit? And how does one immigrate to an EU country without first getting a job and work permit? Your profile also claims you speak Turkish and Russian and having lived in Guyana, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Czech Republic, before going to Germany and then to Spain. Would be interesting to know what one was doing to manage all of that.

Best guide I´ve seen for Germany so far!! I cannot beleive parents must choose from a list of names for their children how archaic!!!

Aisling12 :

I cannot beleive parents must choose from a list of names for their children how archaic!!!

You are right: Better don’t believe it - because it’s not true.

Aisling12 :

Best guide I´ve seen for Germany so far!! I cannot beleive parents must choose from a list of names for their children how archaic!!!

Sorry but this is misinformation. There is no such approved list, just a review from authorities to keep kids from being burden with clearly inappropriate names. Of course people with foreign roots might often choose names unknown in Germany – and that is OK. What they don’t want is names like moon-beam, wolfman, crazy-dude, Adolf Hitler etc. Thus they give the right to a child to have an acceptable name that won’t likely lead them to be bullied or discriminated over the freedom of the parents to give a name of their choice. The kid after all is the one that has to live with it.

Good to know !

Interesting I wonder if other countries have a similar system in place to approve names?

The UK doesn't allow offensive names; how that is judged is left to the Registrar to decide.

Rule number one: learn a language! That makes life in Germany so much easier. Not everyone can speak English well here as in other countries.