Maternity Leave Pay

Friends, great day to all.
My employer here in Bahrain does not want to pay my 60 days maternity leave for the reason that they hired me as "single" in the Philippines. According to them, my work visa is in single status so I'm not entitled for the said benefit.

Is my employer reasoning of not paying me is valid? By the way, I'm just married here in Bahrain and when they hired me, I'm still single. I did not change my name yet and my passport still in single status.

Please give me insights...

Thanks in advance.

dear expattybh,

sorry to hear about your situation, what does it say on your CONTRACT which you singed when you joined work, according to the Bahrain labour law an employer must pay for it.
http://www.rrc.com.bh/media/141168/labo … 12__1_.pdf

If anyone could guide her on this matter, kindly reply.

T&R

I did not received yet the official contract (with Kingdom of Bahrain logo) only offer letter, though I have been working with company for more than a year now. In my offer letter, my status is SINGLE.

Anyone can help me here? Thanks

dear expattybh

I would suggest you to contact LMRA immediately  on +973 17506055 and seek guidance from then regarding the same.

good luck

T&R

Your situation is tricky.

They hired you as a "single", so they can treat you as a "single". Did you keep them informed that you are getting married and planning to raise a family? If you did, then they should have advised you, at that time, that they will continue to treat you as a "single".

Either way, please do contact the LMRA and/or the Ministry of Labour helpdesk and seek guidance.