Fasting with kids??

Hi. Just a quick question. I know that things are pretty strickt with ramadan and this is for my husband and i not a probelm (as we are islam anyway) but my children havent had to fast. How strict is it in bahrain when it comes to children? Are they also not alowed to drink in public?

Bahrain is very moderate in its religious values. I think no one has problem with children eating during fasting hours.

Children do not have to fast. Out of respect we schedule our outings just after lunch so the kids don't need to eat but there will be no problems.

Thanks was just curious as mine tend to always want to eat and drink as soon as we leave the house  :D

This is the first time in the middle east country and the first Ramadan for my family.
I need more details.

I think except inside of my house everywhere is public because people can watch us, inside the car, inside the apartment or compounds, car park....
we should not drink or eat anything in these places? if children are ok can they drink or eat in the mall or park anytime? how young are we talking about here? when is the time we can drink or eat, people say after sunset, no exact time?

If you are really really thirsty during day time at public frankly what you guys do?

When I was pregnant and need to drink or eat (most of the time both) and I was in public,  I drank or ate in the car.

When you are at home  you can drink and eat, nobody can say anything about it.  Be careful to do this outside when people can see you.  It's disrespectful towards them who are fasting.
Before you leave your house of car, make sure you drink something.

I don't know exactly about times in Bahrain but when the sun set and you hear the " athan al magreb" the calling from the mosks that you can
break the fasting,  you know it's time.

A tip from me: about a half hour before the breaking the fasting, you see lots of people driving crazy to be on time to get on their destination. This is the time with a huge chance to get accidents.  Try to avoid to be on the road at that time.  People can act grumpy in the first days because they are not used to it yet so be gentle.

But surely the children can still drink (not to worried about eating) if we are out and people can see them?? Obviously i would try to avoid it but mine genrally drink alot and they are new to the climate in bahrain and will drink even more

Don't worry, there are some exceptions: children, those who are travelling, sick people who are not able to fast and women who are pregnant or breast feeding.

I use to carry a bottle of water inside my bag and if I feel thirsty I drink it inside the toilet.

Kids can eat and drink in the car.

Anyone have any idea at the airport? Bahrain and Abu Dhabi?

There is no restrictions when travelling, everything is available inside the airport.

Bahraini children eat and drink in public during ramadan so that means any kids can. Just be respectful if you can. If the kid is desperate then so be it.

Thanks all... They are 5&6 and usually drink alot anyway so im guessing it will ve difficult but im sure we will manage.

They can drink as much as they like - they are kids and are not restricted by Ramadan rules

Ramadan roles is something to show respect for feasting people, even though you can still eat and drink, but avoid doing it publicly, I don't say someone will speak to you or something but you will be surrounded with feasting people gazes.
if you can handle it, then OK, otherwise you can do it at home.
For children, it's extremely OK to eat or drink at any time and everywhere :D, they can't handle feasting anyway.