How much i can earn with raise a pig

bob18 ~ Presumably anybody who owns a piggery understands that each Sow is capable of bearing 10 piglets every cycle. You need to redo your math.

To me, in doing any kind of business you should first do the mathematical aspect. There you have to decide how much do you think your time is worth. Especially the time you personally invested in the business. If its not worth to even try, dont do it. Its that simple.  I.e. If you are earning, for example, 50k a month. Pigs are usually ready for market after 3 or 4 months. So if you will personally take care of the piggery, you should at least earn 200k each month to consider the business good enough to "retire" to. But that's the irony of it, you dont actually retire and seat like a like in a piggery business especially if you dont have extra pair of hands to do the dirty job, the hard aspect of the piggery business. So in doing the math, and market research, you realized you can only profit around 5k each pig months 4 months, you were earning 200k prior to this piggy business, divided by 5k, that means you have to sell at least 40 pigs in 4 mos. Or 10 pugs in a month in order for you to earn as much as your previous job. What you should do is buy 10 piglets per month for 4 months so as the first batch of pigs mature or becomes marketable size in the 4th month, you can already expect a 50k income. Buy another batch of piglets as soon as you dispose of the 10. Cycle through the process and you are guaranteed of 50k income per month. But in my experience, always start with a number divisible by 20 piglets. Yes its a bit big to start with, that's i also suggest you first invest in a farm land conducive to raising at least 40 pigs. Next concern would be your health. That's where
patagis or goosegrass comes in.

I have noticed, you never get any straight answers or real numbers from this user . Nothing but negativity. How does, "Who told you . . . " help anyone?

Valuable information. Thank you.

Your advice is stupid and utterly unhelpful.

You simply don't know what you are talking bout.

Why would anyone need heat in a country that never gets below 70 degrees F?

Earthking wrote:

Why would anyone need heat in a country that never gets below 70 degrees F?

Baguio  at night in January.

It seems that I am missing out on a great money making opportunity ...

bob18 wrote:

It seems that I am missing out on a great money making opportunity ...

"Seems" being the operative word.

Very much so ....

Hey!! Im an OFW and been obsessed with the whole farming lifestyle style :) i watched alot of Filioino agriculture etc on youtube.

I just saw this thread now its 2018.
I am wondering how did it all go ?? Did you end up getting that pig ??check Jay (a filipino native pig breeder on youtube ).

So it got me wondering, How does one start a farming business in Ph?? Do you just buy land then start??
I dont know how the law works there/permit.
I would like to breed pigs to sell, and have a licence to open food

like know about raise pigs  Philippine  wife marry get into the business. her family has raise pigs

How much is the pig from piggery? Thanks!

Mortality is high with pigs. One mortality within a medium size litter will suck up any profits, 2 mortalities and you will out the door backwards. If you do it and suffer sick pigs, slaughter them and place in the deep freeze before they die, and they mostly do die especially if it is a lung related disease. If it's standing alone, head down, no appetite...that's your signal.

sirrobcentral, Just because you are retired doesn't mean you will sit around and spend your hard earned money until you die doing nothing productive. Retirement is about doing things you want to do in your own time.
Philippines may be 3rd world but it's definitely not the poorest country. People will take advantage of you wherever you are if you let them.

ghp.collinson wrote:

sirrobcentral, Just because you are retired doesn't mean you will sit around and spend your hard earned money until you die doing nothing productive. Retirement is about doing things you want to do in your own time.
Philippines may be 3rd world but it's definitely not the poorest country. People will take advantage of you wherever you are if you let them.

You are aware that sirrobcentral's post was made on the 27 November 2015?  I don't think he/she is active any more.

Hello,
My wife is from the province north of Calinan, and shes been suggesting that we look into raising piglets, but with my personal instinct ,,, it looks as if it's a saturated market,,, where as, raising a few piglets does not sound.like it's a very profitable venture,,,, I study the region and the fastructure of business potential, seemingly, for a couple without children can profit a little,, but I'm preparing in developing an organic based linement for arthiritis pain and muscle aches,,,a business venture is a business potential with the Capitol funding that all small business  needs to remain in business for the long term,,, going back to raising small piglets,,, my wifes brother raises pigs and has profit potentials, including growing abundance of rice and alot.of veggies,,, so putting all that together in a wet and dry market,,, the Capitol of paying for a booth for a year then selling at retail sounds like a business potential in a small.scale,,,helps to pay for electricity and a few fine stuff for the family,,, perhaps paying for a college education,,, if you have entrepreneurial skills and can take risks of development,  the growth potentials of profit margins will prevail in the long run,,,, variety sells,,, if you decide to raise piglets for family,,,its worth more to me then buying from someone, theirs a rule in business,,, remain loyal to your own business, I'm actually saying  these things to measure the pros and cons,,, its seems like the economic status flow is about how people in general are doing what's best in servicing and surviving for their needs,,, thanks for all the info on Porkies issues,,,

I had to register just to reply.god you're so right.most of these people will learn the way I did.the most insane things I have heard was these filipina are the most loyal of all women.i look at this man telling me this.when I go to Filipino church here in Boston.there is a small flock of old guys with there 22 yr old wives.they dress with long leather boots and mini skirts.i have no issue with the way one is dressed.but in church?the women look at me because I am younger and handsome in my own eyes I guess lol.the men sit with me bragging about there *** women.then I get aggravated.so I ask hey hold are you guys? 72-81 -93 #*@%& 93.how old is your wife.with a big pervert smile 19.ok I am not perfect at all i was 42 and she was 34 at the time.heres the deal with the piglet someone suck3d him in told him he can make 2,000 US dollars on it or somewhere in the neighborhood.buddy they will use you if you let them.this is on you.the girls are raised to make money for there families by any means necessary.these are cold facts.if your a old man and she young and beautiful do you really think she hot for you? Don't be delusional.facts are she wants a green card and tell you what you want to hear.the family sick needs money for the doctor food uhm a new car a new roof name it.i apologies for the way I'm talking but better to know now then later.i learned the hard way.i have a woman my own age who works hard we take care of each other.but if you want to go that route.you marry young and sexy.you have at max 5 years then bye bye.if not she has a Filipino boyfriend on the side.many do I bet even mine but I just don't know.they can lie easily like nothing.just be smart enjoy the time you have remember the clock is ticking

Moderated by Diksha 5 years ago
Reason : Foul language
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Learned the hard way wrote:

I had to register just to reply.god you're so right.most of these people will learn the way I did.the most insane things I have heard was these filipina are the most loyal of all women.i look at this man telling me this.when I go to Filipino church here in Boston.there is a small flock of old guys with there 22 yr old wives.they dress with long leather boots and mini skirts.i have no issue with the way one is dressed.but in church?the women look at me because I am younger and handsome in my own eyes I guess lol.the men sit with me bragging about there *** women.then I get aggravated.so I ask hey hold are you guys? 72-81 -93 #*@%& 93.how old is your wife.with a big pervert smile 19.ok I am not perfect at all i was 42 and she was 34 at the time.heres the deal with the piglet someone suck3d him in told him he can make 2,000 US dollars on it or somewhere in the neighborhood.buddy they will use you if you let them.this is on you.the girls are raised to make money for there families by any means necessary.these are cold facts.if your a old man and she young and beautiful do you really think she hot for you? Don't be delusional.facts are she wants a green card and tell you what you want to hear.the family sick needs money for the doctor food uhm a new car a new roof name it.i apologies for the way I'm talking but better to know now then later.i learned the hard way.i have a woman my own age who works hard we take care of each other.but if you want to go that route.you marry young and sexy.you have at max 5 years then bye bye.if not she has a Filipino boyfriend on the side.many do I bet even mine but I just don't know.they can lie easily like nothing.just be smart enjoy the time you have remember the clock is ticking

looks like that tv show on TLC
"0 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Day"
Always a pinay on the casting, and recently Brazilian one too

I agree that it may not be feasible to grow, raise and sell one pig. Here is my idea, and since you seem knowledge, I will express my idea.
     I will begin with 50 heads of piglets, and by 50 more each month for 4 months, or first harvest.
     After first harvest of 50 pigs ranging from 80 to 100 kilos I will buy 5 Sows, good breed for nice piglets.
     I will continue this this plan indefinitely.
    I will employ one veterinary assistant. He will be my expert.  I will hire additional simple workers that my expert believes he can train and I feel I can trust.

Question: Does this plan sound feasible? How much approximate profit can it make?
How much land will I need?

My plan is this:
     Buy 50 piglets the first month.
     Buy 50 piglets the second month.
     Buy 50 piglets the third month.
     Buy 50 piglets the fourth month.

Employ 1 Veterinary Assistant
Employ simple workers that he can train as well as training me. The amount of simple employees will depend on my experts and my recommendation.

Total 200 pigs. 50 ready to sell.  Knowing cost of a 80kg-100kg is anywhere between 12 to 14,000 pesos so I will do the math unrealistically low at 10K. My profit is 500,000 pesos.
     I will buy 5 good quality Sows. I will also continue to buy my 50 piglets.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

The "farmgate" price of a living pig or cow in the Philippines is about 110.00 PHP/kg.

Do not spend more than this price, when buying a live animal: because you will have to shoulder the costs of slaughtering, dividing and the "natural" loss of 40% (beef) or 30-35% (pork), before you can sell the meat to the local market at prices starting around 200.00 PHP/kg...

So just weigh your "baby" or infant animal to calculate your real buying price and try to find a good retailer for food (about 1.5 kgs of food will equal in 1 kg more meat) and don´t forget the price for the veterinarian and other costs like land, building and maintenance for your calculation!

Means: if you pay more than 100.00 PHP/kg for life stock and more than 40.00 PHP/kg for the food, you will have a lost at the end!

Best greetings to all animal breeders in the Philippines from Germany,

T O M

P.S. In Europe the price of farmgate pigs is about 60.00 PHP/kg, although Europeans usually earn 10 times more per month in PHP compared to the Philippines!

This is not a good business endeavor. Actually nothing is in the Philippines. Especially for a foreigner. I tried to raise a mere 3 pigs in Cebu and could not even find a buyer. From what I am hearing one of my neighbors was married to an American expat who was also trying to raise pigs but is no longer here. Most of the people here don't even want to pay for pork meat. They just want to borrow the meat until payday. Unfortunately payday never comes.

I don't recommend it.

i have 50 total pigs currently in Cebu right now ready for harvest on december. i have no experience but willing to learn. any suggestion to do the calculations.

I built 3 piggeries with enough stalls to house 20 in one batch, 20 in another, and 25 in the other, with two stalls for a couple sows. At one time therefore had 65 hogs. Although the govt ensured I gave up on them, I learned some...
Experience?
Feed. Skip feeding them only and all commercial feeds (Pigrolac, BMeg, etc.). Grow gabi and kangkong and feed them the leaves and roots (boiled gabi), mix in rice mill tailings and perhaps 1/3 quality commercial. If you know a corn farmer, chuck in some kernels if can purchase them. And wait.
Cleanliness. May pay to build a new piggery for each with an underground septic, well with water pump, and well-draining pens. Use meds when recommended so that they - big white hogs? - don't get sick. Keep the shit and urine washed down, and make sure the floors in the pens have drain holes in that all slope down so that no standing water is allowed (they can get sick on dirty water.
Type of pigs. Buy 10 kilo white piglets, and after save a sow or two, bring in 'boar service' to impregnate them. Keep separate from your other stock. If you want native pigs, keep separate? The latter are tough as nails, but don't put on the pounds.
Selling. Set up a buyer so that you get the best possible price. It's quite possible that your hogs will be healthier than the average pinoy lot, and so you might be able to get a better price for them.
Size of holdings. I'd suggest that you not expand too fast, but ensure steady growth of quarters and numbers.
Manure. Sure can stink unless your septic is large enough, but once somewhat aged, can produce bumper veg and feed crops.
Income. Hogs don't pay all that well until you get into larger numbers, but if you time your 3 month old adolescents for local fiestas, then you might max out profits.
Comment. I'd not get back into pigs. Get a lot and it is hard to keep the smell down. Profit margins depend on market and govt-established live weight prices. Better to get into t-shirts in the province.

Where are you living?

daenr wrote:

Manure. Sure can stink unless your septic is large enough, but once somewhat aged, can produce bumper veg and feed crops.

Everything I've ever read about pig manure warns about  using pig droppings to grow vegetables.. Human and pig manura contains more bad bacteria etc than any other you can name..Dont use them.

Munchie wrote:
daenr wrote:

Everything I've ever read about pig manure warns about  using pig droppings to grow vegetables.. Human and pig manura contains more bad bacteria etc than any other you can name..Dont use them.

best usage is for biogas
agricultural usage is rarely used [ banned in some developed countrys ]
lechon is good
a pig post with many contributions

My girlfriend and I just started a piggery... 5 mother pigs.  Honestly the jury is still out.  They have a lot of land with a well and a large family to assist.  They are claiming if we fatten all 60 baby pigs we can net up to 250 per kilo butchered properly.  Potentially a big profit, but we also have a multi cab and can sell in Cebu.  She has a store as well.  Still, 250 per kilo should be a decent profit even after food expenses.  A fattened pig should be between 80-100 kilos. 

I'll let you all know in the future how it goes...as I said, the jury is still out on actual numbers.

retirewithrano wrote:

My girlfriend and I just started a piggery... 5 mother pigs.  Honestly the jury is still out.  They have a lot of land with a well and a large family to assist.  They are claiming if we fatten all 60 baby pigs we can net up to 250 per kilo butchered properly.  Potentially a big profit, but we also have a multi cab and can sell in Cebu.  She has a store as well.  Still, 250 per kilo should be a decent profit even after food expenses.  A fattened pig should be between 80-100 kilos. 

I'll let you all know in the future how it goes...as I said, the jury is still out on actual numbers.

Welcome to the forum. keep us posted when the jury has made a decision.

Cheers, Steve.

Nobody is mentioning the virus..African Swine fever which is DEADLY..!PIGS ARE UNHEALTHY TO BREED AND  DEADLY TO EAT !!.THE GREED OF MONEY CAUSES DEATH.!!.  MY advice is breed butterflies instead !!

15k per head is actually more accurate, but still very profitable

The more the pigs the more the stink. The wind blows the stench from the piggery near us the other way thank god. It was eye watering to ride my motorcycle by it. I stay away.

Sad thing about the Philippine is that it has so much vacant under utilized agricultural/farming land with no proper investment / govt intervention into the making itself a self-sufficienct food producing nation.
They still need to import basic staples such as RICE/Pork & who knows what else to sustain its local populace.
Rice being sold  @  50p/kg
Pork being sold @ 300p/kg
Ave Daily Wage  @ 400p/day
Go figure.

:|

retirewithrano wrote:

15k per head is actually more accurate, but still very profitable

Which size ?
Lechon is paidd much more for per kilo than biger (at "lechon season") and it seem to be regional price differences.
Depending of pig type but when they pass a weight, tthen the additional income or additional kilos will just EQUAL the additional costs at normal foder costs...

Of them I know:
/one almost doubled her money in 4 monts, BUT they built the cover of scrap and her brother worked for free   :)   and BUT she had very big luck by none died even when they were taken to young from mother and nothing sspent on meds nor vet.  (2 Lechon)
/one fforeigner-Filipina couple just broke even by ih foder cost. (8 biger.)
/one caimed they earned some BUT they hadntt counted anything for cost of buider noor material for the pighouse - which was close to roof falling in allready after a few yeas.  The number I hearded wasnt enou gh to cover a  mini salary.  (4-.8 biger.)
/one BIG pigery foregner owned earned much (before the swine flues).  I dont know if that foreigner is alive sstill, that pigery started like 30 years ago.
/A pigey business, which invited the pubic to invest some year ago, has FAILED to pay out to investors and dont inform investors enough, so unclear if the failure depend of a swine fflue or npt. 

Although I suppouse cost reduction possible if grow part of foder selff AND know good recipies which are DIFFERENT for diferent steps.

Btw - Has anyone been at the "luxury spa" pigery ?   :)    I have only seen it on video.   The pigs have: /clean "toilets" by pee por away through down automaticly and a caretaker walk around and pick up the poo with a thingy, not geting the normal mess.
/reduced heat by air circulation and sun cover from side too.
/the pigs have nice VIEW they can look out at instead of the common concrete walls.
/Good space they share with some buddies including a "spa" with water where they can lay down and chill  :):top::top::top:

paulopereirra wrote:
Munchie wrote:
daenr wrote:

best usage is for biogas
agricultural usage is rarely used [ banned in some developed countrys ]

I believe that about dangerous is FALSE IF "burn" it enough.  The process make it very hot if doing it corect, so I suppouse dangerous bacterias die before using. 

In "my" home county in Sweden there is bot a big biogas plant and even human manuare is used on fields too...

coach53 wrote:

even human manuare is used on fields too...

Do we have to go there?
A Japanese report states that coronavirus was found to be lurking in feces may be a hidden source of the spread. :D

Having lived in Las Vegas there is a Pig Farm well established for years, with urban growth it is now surrounded by McMansions.

Remember the TV show Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe? Well one of his jobs was working at this Pig Farm.

Now a little history, Las Vegas is known for it's Buffets, more than 40. How do they dispose of all the food? It goes to the pig farm to feed 5,000 pigs. They farm would need 10,000 pigs if they accepted all the food from buffets.

You will enjoy this video from the Discovery Channel and portions can be viewed on Youtube.

(1) Do a search on Youtube: Mike Rowe Las Vegas Pig Farmer
(2) Click on: Dirty jobs pig farm processor.

Your either going to laugh or barf.

Enzyte Bob wrote:

Having lived in Las Vegas there is a Pig Farm well

Theres is a heat wave going on right now in the states with recored temp's of 47.9C even hotter than the notoriously hot US desert city of Las Vegas (47.2C).
Not sure about the well being of pigs in that kind of heat.
Back here in the philippines even our water taps have run dry *whole of yesterday with water rationing being carried out for the past week.
Lucky we had made preparations + having an open 5m3 rain water collection trough which is being used for emergency washing/watering of plants...maybe something to consider!

manwonder wrote:
Enzyte Bob wrote:

Having lived in Las Vegas there is a Pig Farm well

Theres is a heat wave going on right now in the states with recored temp's of 47.9C even hotter than the notoriously hot US desert city of Las Vegas (47.2C).

Actually it is a cool day in Vegas today 34C but forecast for July 6 will be 46C. I have experienced 47.2C in Vegas.

The old cliche it's not the heat but the humidity is true, at 43.3C you don't sweat. Average humidity in July is only 20% and average yearly rainfall is 5".

The pig farm was established when Vegas was a small little town miles far away in the boonies. When I moved there it was the fastest growing city for 10 years straight,  in 2005 when I moved there a 1,000 people a week did the same.

Then they built McMansions up to and surrounding the pig farm. Now these McMansions big buck owners complained about the stink.