Visa extension

i don't think it depending on location, i think it's depend on the person who deal with, cuz in July i were paid $175, and i  were shock, so i was going to ask a lot of people about that, and they said the law is change, but i think the law just change a little bit, and the agent took that chance to make a price go up, so like i said i met that guy and i was deal with him about the price, cuz i work for the school with the part time job to take care of visa for the teacher, so i asked him gave me a good price, and he did. last time he took $90, and i"ll give him an extra is $5 for fee.

Visa extension fee is $10 now. The dossier includes your passport, residence confirmation (which will be done by your landlord), Form NA5.

Keep it in mind when you deal with travel agency.

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

Visa extension fee is $10 now. The dossier includes your passport, residence confirmation (which will be done by your landlord), Form NA5.

Would DL visa be concerned by this ???  If yes , this is a MAJOR info ! thx for letting us know more about it .

12xu wrote:
VanKhanh Ho wrote:

Would DL visa be concerned by this ???  If yes , this is a MAJOR info ! thx for letting us know more about it .

Yes I'm talking about DL Visa aka tourist Visa. The travel agency only act as your sponsor, and take a lot of service fee from you by that.

franziskasarah wrote:

Dear all,

... I've been to the new immigration office in Dist. 3, HCMC last week. The lady told me that I have to extend my Tourist-Visa by an agency.
Franzi

Hi VanKhanh Ho, since when ? because I had the same experience as the one I'm quoting above and the officer told me exactly the same (both in english and vietnamese) so unless you can tell me that you get this info from an official written source  ...

Having read this Forun for a few years the one thing I can say is 99% of whats written is not wrong and what the person writes is accurate and truthful.

Problem is whats reported can alter from person to person on any given situation at any time, there is and never will be a definite right answer because the person or persons who are extorting and cheating us will react different to each and every situation.

I don't want to say something bad about my country. But some people tried to take A lot of money from foreigner. I know that they have to take care of dossies and local police where the foreigner live too. But it's a lot when they take $175 for DL single entry. That price must for Mutiple. I read in the newspaper and they said the law will change in the November. The fee will go down, but it's still not change anything, cuz that fee just for when the first time you come to Vietnam, and you pay at the airport not like extend. I think all of you guys know the true that the stemp put on your passport when you extend just $10, right? So what change? You still have to pay a lot when you want to extend the visa. It's good when the law change, cuz for the new foreigner come here the first time, you guys dont need to pay much, and for some guys get married here. They do not have to worry about the visa. But for travel, still samething. Not thing change at all. But let's see what happend in the future.

12xu wrote:
franziskasarah wrote:

Dear all,

... I've been to the new immigration office in Dist. 3, HCMC last week. The lady told me that I have to extend my Tourist-Visa by an agency.
Franzi

Hi VanKhanh Ho, since when ? because I had the same experience as the one I'm quoting above and the officer told me exactly the same (both in english and vietnamese) so unless you can tell me that you get this info from an official written source  ...

Hi

Please don't get me wrong. Yes you must extend your visa through a travel agency. What I meant is that since the dossier is way too easy, the only form they do is NA5, and the real fee is only $10, so keep it in mind when you make a deal with them. You know how cheap and how easy it is, so you can see what is a reasonable price.

cabraman wrote:
Ellion wrote:

Hi all,

I just got the info from the agency I am usually proceeding with.

DN visa multi entries 3 months renewal : USD 368.

This is madness.

Have any of you experienced a recent renewal directly with the immigration office? I am thinking of going tomorrow because I suspect some regular ripping off here.....

Thanks

I understood the new DN visa which was issued after 1 Jan 2015 was a business visa and valid for up to 12 months?

I do know how to get a DN multiple visa for 1 year. It's still cost a lot money. But if you guys wanna know about that. Please pm me and i'll let you know.  And about the DL single for 3 months is $80.

visa extension wrote:
cabraman wrote:
Ellion wrote:

Hi all,

I just got the info from the agency I am usually proceeding with.

DN visa multi entries 3 months renewal : USD 368.

This is madness.

Have any of you experienced a recent renewal directly with the immigration office? I am thinking of going tomorrow because I suspect some regular ripping off here.....

Thanks

I understood the new DN visa which was issued after 1 Jan 2015 was a business visa and valid for up to 12 months?

I do know how to get a DN multiple visa for 1 year. It's still cost a lot money. But if you guys wanna know about that. Please pm me and i'll let you know.  And about the DL single for 3 months is $80.

Haiz, again...! What is wrong with those agencies!

I have just got a DN Visa renewal for my colleague, $10.

How much is the 1 yr multiple entry visa?

It's all changing so quickly, and what is correct in 1 month is incorrect the next and so forth. I am a UK national and my son is Vietnamese so in March this year I managed to get the new VR (Visiting Relative) visa, 6 month's multiple entry for £180 and was told at the time it was extendible inside Vietnam.
In August I went to renew it and was told it was no longer extendible inside Vietnam so I left the country and went to the Vietnamese Consular where I obtained the original, to get a new one, and was told the VR visa has now been stopped!
I had to return on a 3 month tourist visa which is quite a pain as I now have to leave the country again.
Just when you think you've got it sorted...
8-(

I have read, recently, that the VN government is considering a one year visa for US citizens.  Does anybody have any solid information about this?
Thanks,
Andrew

doctorgroove wrote:

I have read, recently, that the VN government is considering a one year visa for US citizens.  Does anybody have any solid information about this?
Thanks,
Andrew

All good things come to those who wait.....and wait.......and wait :D

hi all , when people using the forum say they , read some where OR I heard with out substantiating the claim with a source? It only adds to the confusion with Chinese whispers . PLEASE stop it, for sanity a sake. This thread is going nowhere and the trav agents are getting richer with our confusion. LOL mark

Hi Everyone
The visa extension situation may have finally changed for the better already. Today, Monday 23rd November 2015, I thought I would try one last time to renew my 3 month single entry visa before I left for Cambodia to re-enter Vietnam. In Saigon, a travel agent I have used often for trips but never for visa service said all is fine now and the 3 month extension - at an incredibly low cost of $30 - will be available for me to pick on either this Friday or next Monday. I've paid, my passport's gone off, and I have the receipt in my pocket. Well... fingers crossed it's all as he says.
Will keep you posted on the outcome
8-)

The changes to the visa system in this country is laughable, Ive seen over the eight years living here so many changes. The system used to be fine, but greed is the biggest problem and all the illegal Chinese that seem to be able to enter every year that started this whole visa problem.

:top:

I just renewed my visa , 3 months , single entry , $45 !!

Happy8888 wrote:

I just renewed my visa , 3 months , single entry , $45 !!

A bit different to the 200 usd they were asking for earlier this year.

Hi all, can every body abandon the secret squeirrel society and tell others who these travell agents are and where, also if the experience is wide spread or selective, lol Mark

Squirrel 1 to Squirrel 2, Tam Travel, Le Loi St, District 1, Philip
PS- I hope you are not an English Teacher.!

Just don't pay these lazy money grabbers - they like money too much and don't want to work for it.  Do a visa run to Bangkok and come back the same or next day with a 3 month multi-entry tourist visa or whatever.

The whole thing is a scam aimed at the rich, stupid, foreigner. Don't play the game!

Yes of course pilotdamp, going from vietnam to bangkok is going to be a lot cheaper than simply paying $45 to hand your passport to an agent here, without leaving the country
That suggestion non sensical and particularly ridiculous

USD 45 for a 3 month multi-entry visa?  Keep dreaming. LOL

PS. Learn to read properly before you reply!

You idiot, read my original post. I said "3 month, single entry visa"
PS-learn to read properly before you reply
Are you man enough to apologise?

pilotadamp wrote:

USD 45 for a 3 month multi-entry visa?  Keep dreaming. LOL

PS. Learn to read properly before you reply!

y f
I think if you read his post he said single entry for $45

Great to see you've recognised your own ignorance. Enough said!

Another idiot. My post was a general post which clearly said 3 month multi- entry. The fool should not have resonded as it clealrly did not reflect his own situation.

You guys need English lessons!

Ignorance, ha ha ha, you got it completely wrong, but you are not man enough to admit it
Are you sure your not vietnamese? Because you certainly act like one
I would apologise straight away if i made a blunder like you did
Man up son

It would still be cheaper to get a multi done here in Viet Nam than going to Bangkok. Before when it was over 200usd to do it I would agree, but a return flight, hotel, and visa would now be more expensive.

@Colinoscapee, totally agree, anything be cheaper than going to bangkok
And besides, what idiot would suggest going there instead of Cambodia at a quarter of the cost
I know of one!!

Just $30 now for 3 month single entry at F.S.T (Four Seasons Travel) at 183 Pham Ngu Lao. I've just done, pick up on Friday or next Monday.
On Monday, after I submitted my passport and payment, I went into a couple more travel agents in Pham Ngu Lao and was quoted around $45 to $60 but they all said it was now possible to extend again at very decent prices without leaving the country.
It's changed this week, from Monday 23rd, all the Visa prices have come back down in price, that's offical.
And I am assuming part of that is that we are now allowed to extend again without leaving the country. I guess they have got rid of all the illegal workers over the last year and are now satisfied to go back to normal.
No more leaving the country or silly $250-300 quotes... apparently. May tell you differently when I pick up my passport but it is official about the Visa prices coming down from the 23rd of November - last Monday.
Sorry, guys, didn't mean to be secretive about where the visa was done - I was unsure if the post would be removed if it appeared to be advertising someone's business
8-)

RICHIE2013 wrote:

Just $30 now for 3 month single entry at F.S.T (Four Seasons Travel) at 183 Pham Ngu Lao. I've just done, pick up on Friday or next Monday.
On Monday, after I submitted my passport and payment, I went into a couple more travel agents in Pham Ngu Lao and was quoted around $45 to $60 but they all said it was now possible to extend again at very decent prices without leaving the country.
It's changed this week, from Monday 23rd, all the Visa prices have come back down in price, that's offical.
And I am assuming part of that is that we are now allowed to extend again without leaving the country. I guess they have got rid of all the illegal workers over the last year and are now satisfied to go back to normal.
No more leaving the country or silly $250-300 quotes... apparently. May tell you differently when I pick up my passport but it is official about the Visa prices coming down from the 23rd of November - last Monday.
Sorry, guys, didn't mean to be secretive about where the visa was done - I was unsure if the post would be removed if it appeared to be advertising someone's business
8-)

Good news for people who are wanting a visa extension. Luckily I dont have to worry about it with 5 year visa, now if they would just cease with this incessant stamping every three months.

The 3 month stamping is called revenue raising , just like Thailand , they are not going to stop , the government will not or cannot put an end to the scamming , rorting  , cheating ,lieing or corruption
Power does not corrupt people , people corrupt power . It is the duty of Vietnams youth to challenge this corruption

Yogi got 3 mth single $40.
Back to the good ole days........For the time being

I am starting to see how easy it is to wind others up with flippant comments, a number of past members have gone down this road and generally end up being ignored or treated as trolls. Most of us here have been around a while and just turn a blind eye and become un-helpful to the irritation. LOL mark

@Yogi007  Thanks for sharing.  Please also share the name & address of the place which helped you with your visa.  Also, did you get a new visa, or was it an extension of your original tourist visa?  Any and all info. would be appreciated as I will need to do this myself in the next few weeks.  Cheers!

just a question re a visa run, once you check through Vietnam customs and leave the country how long before you can turn around and come back in ? can it be same day, or does a period of 24 hours or longer have to pass ? this is more orientated to departing the international airports and using a visa letter on arrival once you come back in....for e.g you could literally fly to KL in the morning and be back in Vietnam the same evening ?

Are you referring to a visa run and re-entering with a VOA.