Need experience marriage Visa attorney...

My Vietnamese husband (same-sex marriage in the USA) living in hcmc.  I would like to retire there in 3-4 years.  I would like to discuss with an experienced attorney my options, and rather there's any reason to hope things for same-sex international couples might change/improve in the not-to-distant future.  Does anyone have recommendations on an attorney, preferably in hcmc?

Jeff-FL wrote:

My Vietnamese husband (same-sex marriage in the USA) living in hcmc.  I would like to retire there in 3-4 years.  I would like to discuss with an experienced attorney my options, and rather there's any reason to hope things for same-sex international couples might change/improve in the not-to-distant future.  Does anyone have recommendations on an attorney, preferably in hcmc?

You can consult an attorney but I can say that change may be a fair way off. Same sex marriage is recognised here but no marriage certificate is issued, hence, no visa related to that. Better off looking at setting up a company here and obtain a long term visa. Alternatively get in touch with the LGBT community to find out whats happening.

Jeff-FL wrote:

It's doubtful my attorney in HCMC can help, although she will probably be able to refer you to someone who is more knowledgeable in that area:

expat.com/forum/profile.php?id=1249645&lang=en

Thank you.  That's pretty much what I know now, I just keep hoping for more.  I guess I need to learn more about what it would take to invest in or open a business there for a long-term visa.  I think I read it's like at least a $300K USD investment...which is a bit out of my reach right now.  We do have a small restaurant in Q7 now, but it's in his name and for now just a 2-3 person operation.

Thank you for the referral.

Jeff-FL wrote:

Thank you.  That's pretty much what I know now, I just keep hoping for more.  I guess I need to learn more about what it would take to invest in or open a business there for a long-term visa.  I think I read it's like at least a $300K USD investment...

3 billion Việt Nam đồng (required) is a bit over $130,000.00 USD at current exchange rate:

https://gordythomas.files.wordpress.com/2021/12/screenshot_20211211-151803_google.jpg

I'll remove or edit this post later.

The OP received an automatic ban, probably because of the number of complaints about his many threads on the same subject.
He will be able to read answers, but not reply until the ban is removed.

Hi Jef-FL
I am an Australian male living in Hanoi and married to a Vietnamese National male;  we were legally married in Australia four years ago.  Upon application (download form NA8 Temporary Residence Form)
I was granted a 3-year Temporary Residence  -renewable (no Visa necessary) for being a foreigner married to a Vietnamese National.   Residence Card issued in five days.
It appears that Vietnam has been considering same-sex marriage for years;  in fact the legislation has been on the statute for quite some time but not considered to be yet socially popular???
So yes, it appears an overseas same-sex marriage is recognised as is a mixed-genger marriage for the 3-year Residency.
Contact Ms Victoria at   [link moderated]    Vietnam Discovery Travel  Hanoi;  she handled this NA8 and all my Visas over my 10 years here. 
Regards Flcx

Flck
Interesting, they must have changed current laws. Quick question, how much did the visa cost you?

Hi Colinoscapee
9 million Vnd for 3 years was very reasonable  through the agency Vietnam Discovery Travel  Vinaconex 9 Tower Hanoi.
Flcx

flcx wrote:

Hi Colinoscapee
9 million Vnd for 3 years was very reasonable  through the agency Vietnam Discovery Travel  Vinaconex 9 Tower Hanoi.
Flcx

Interesting. Not a bad price. Well done

Jane SNVI can help you with a visa and setting up a company in Vietnam, her office is in Thao Dien. The investment amount needed is about 100K USD, this money is put into an investment account and when you have your TRC you can withdraw that money. As you already have a business here you could put your name on the company registration as a legal representative.

@slim88,
Welcome to Expat.com

The answer you have given is well talked about and discussed on the forum in the past few months as rules have changed over Visa, TRC, WP etc

It has also been discussed that setting up companies without all the accounting, book keeping etc can have pit falls along with trying to get the money back out.

The forum is not intended to be a place to advertise companies or services more general information of how not so much who.

Members can browse the Biz section of the website to look for local companies.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Andy
Expat.com Team

flcx wrote:Hi Colinoscapee9 million Vnd for 3 years was very reasonable  through the agency Vietnam Discovery Travel  Vinaconex 9 Tower Hanoi.Flcx
Interesting. Not a bad price. Well done.
        -@Guest2023 (colin/Steve)

Actually, that's a horrible price, Steve, since the legal TRC costs less than ₫2,000,000 VNĐ.

I'm also posting as an update: Visa agents and lawyers are no longer allowed by immigration to assist with family sponsored TRCs.