ONE WAY TICKET

I've travelled to Vietnam numerous times on a 1-way ticket and never been asked.

This time I booked with another travel agent and they automatically created a 2-way ticket for me without being asked to do so though it can only be used for 1 way.

khanh44 wrote:

I've travelled to Vietnam numerous times on a 1-way ticket and never been asked.

This time I booked with another travel agent and they automatically created a 2-way ticket for me without being asked to do so though it can only be used for 1 way.

you've never been asked by airlines/immigration offices from your home country regarding your one way ticket?
that's good then!

I have been asked to show my return ticket once or twice. Once I had the ticket, the second time I said I hadn't bought the ticket yet. I do have more than 3 dozen entry and exit stamps on my passport - so they don't usually bother me much.

For Vietnam airlines, they sometimes ask for the return ticket from Vietnam when you check in. For the budget type airlines (Tiger/Jetstar/Airasia/Vietjet) they don't seem to care at all.