Bulgaria

hi we are mike and wife jean we have brought a place in sunny beach to spend our summers in in a couple years' time hope to use this as a base to explore the rest of Bulgaria would love a place on the Danube or veliko tarnovo we have only spent two weeks in Bulgaria so we have a lot to learn will be glad to hear of any body thanks mick and jean

Welcome to Expat.com Mike and Jean !

Hi Mick and Jean,
We moved your topic to Bulgaria's forum for a better visibility :)
Cheers
Arlette

Hi  from Sunny Beach! Leaning Bulgaria too. http://www.mondobello.net/blog/bulgaria/1-0-1

Hello, Mike and Jean, and welcome to our wonderful country Bulgaria!
It is good that you bought an apartment in Sunny Beach - it is one of the best-developed and lively seaside resort in Bulgaria. However, it is as well one of the most populated and noisy ones.. It is good for the summer, if you want to have fun, to go clubbing and so on, but not too good if you want only to have some quiet family time.
If you decide one day on purchasing another propery, I would strongly recommend you to consider the villages around Varna and Burgas. They benefit both from the tranquillity of the country life, and from the proximity to the big, well-developed towns.
However, get to know Bulgaria first, so that you make sure this is the place for you. I am sure you will love our country very, very soon!

If you have any questions about the life here, I will be happy to help you!

Regards: Sheenbg