New in Kuwait... kind of...:-))))

Hi Everyone!

Ramadan Kareem!!!!!!!!! :-)

I'm a 36 year old lady from Toronto,Canada!  Newly arrived in Kuwait with my German husband.  My parents originally come from Brunei and Malaysia (Chinese heritage) and so I have Muslim family too!

This is my second official time in Kuwait-- the first time was waaaay back in 1995 where I came as a scholarship student from the University of Toronto to the University of Kuwait to study Arabic and I loved it back then as I do now!

It's great to be back here -- my husband and I call it our 15 year anniversary since I met him here:-))))

Enjoying my time here and looking forward to meeting all of you on the Forum! You all seem like an Awesome bunch!

Read through the thread about the Kuwaiti restaurant-- hey, maybe we should all meet up at that  restaurant Fareej in Salmiya sometime! 

Take care!

Merry welcome & congrats on your anniversary ;)!

Danke Schoen Nicole! :-) Whereabouts are you from in Germany? My husband is from Nuernberg and we lived for a while in Munich.

Should mention I saw your pics of that restaurant in Salmiya-- looks absolutely delicious!!!

Hope to meet up with you sometime!

I am from between Frankfurt & Cologne :)
Yepp, coffee after Ramadan sounds good :D

Definitely,after Ramadan! I am free during the day!
Take care!
Tschuessy! :-)

Congrats on your anniversary. and welcome back to Kuwait

guys ... for the Resturant in Salmiya called Fareej .. the complete name is Fareej As Saleh .. second one u r there .. the are few things that are must to have .. these guys have the best FATOOSH , its a salad for most of u must have known alreays ,, but these guys make it the best ... soup is also one of a kind and the serving style makes it awesome .,, and then for the main course ... try mutton/chicken MajbooS !!! and its awesome with extra green chilles (of course on the side )and extra KHASHU (also ofcousre seperately) and at the end ask him for the coffe which also happens to be AWESOMEEE along with some brown and round sweet stuff i dono what to call that .... and theres only one thing left to say ... bon apetit ! and yes awesome choice for the palce of food .. i just simply love it , althought i always try to finish my majoob with seems to be nuthing lesss than a challengE :)

boy-o-boy .. i loev majboos ... u must have guessed it already lol

and i just started my fast for today and i am already drooling of an image of majoobs in my head .. mean people , post related to food should be hidden during fasting time ... chaO !!

shisha wrote:

My parents originally come from Brunei and Malaysia (Chinese heritage) and so I have Muslim family too!

Hi shisha do you speak any mandarin?

Thanks Night Shade and U.zair for the comments.

And T-Dog, ya... I speak a little Mandarin:-))) but I can't read or write!

I am ready for coffee after Ramadan guys! Just let me know please!

coffe hmmmmmmmm where ? Starbucks

HI TO EVERYBODY! I AM DR ,JUST SELECTED AS GP DOCTOR BY MOH KUWAIT, I AM NOW IN THE PROCESS OF VISA.
I WANT TO SEE AND GET HELP FROM PAKISTANI DOCTORS AT KUWAIT .SO PLZ HELP.TNX

holdcardsdown wrote:

Did you write all your researches in CAPS in medical school?

you really hate person writing in CAPS..why dont you try to ignore the way they wrote  instead try to see what they wrote...well thats the important..