To all Expats and Egyptians

If you are an Expat and would like to have some fun get together and talk with other native English speakers around the world and lend a hand to put a smile on someones face then I have just the thing for you.
I am an English teacher by profession but I volunteer every Friday morning to sit with anyone who wants to improve their English skills and meet other people which is always fulfilling we play games talk and have lots of fun. You can also get a chance to hear how I lived here for 11 years without travelling and gain a friend that can help you with almost anything you will ever need in Egypt, then please do come you can contact me here on private message for details. Consider it an Expat get together
For Egyptians/Non English speakers this is your chance to practice English without anyone asking you for money if you are serious about learning, dislike the classroom or just wanna have fun. I have been teaching for over 8 years and you can practice speaking at your own pace and see yourself get better just by making the language a part of your daily life. If you are interested please contact me so I can give the location and time of our next English Club gathering.
With best wishes to all,
Amir Abdul-Wali
A Teacher of Life

You are so nice to offer this.
Can you offer one for Arabic too?
I'm joking but it would be nice.

it's very nice of you, I really need to improve my english, also I can offer Arabic to exchange with English :)

You are a civilized and sophisticated, and thank you for this service, but how can I communicate Are you a resident in Maadi

Rhona1 wrote:

You are so nice to offer this.
Can you offer one for Arabic too?
I'm joking but it would be nice.

Actually I can I learned to speak Arabic here fluently :) so I would be glad to help with Arabic a well and it will be lots of fun

Bebo bari wrote:

it's very nice of you, I really need to improve my english, also I can offer Arabic to exchange with English :)

Well you are welcome to join and I'm sure there will be some Native English speakers who would appreciate that
as for me I have been here for 14 years so I can no speak Arabic fluently :D

ayman sayed wrote:

You are a civilized and sophisticated, and thank you for this service, but how can I communicate Are you a resident in Maadi

Well Mr. Sayed I live in Alexandria and I rarely visit Cairo but if I do I can let you know. However I do have a friend in Maadi who teaches English if you are interested

Today was the best yet.
6 Americans
1 Canadian
1 Syrian
and lots of Egyptians too much fun to be honest.
I really go through the entire week just for this day :D

Oh that sounds like you had fun. Imagine if I would have been there, we would have been 2 Canadians!
haha
It's a joke!

I'm still in Montreal but may be coming to Egypt soon. Alexandria looks much easier "to handle" than Cairo with cooler temperatures, sea breeze and not as big.

Anyone who lives in Alexandria will never stand to stay for more than a few hours in Cairo. Once u live close to the water u become a fish and a fish can not live away from the water ;)
if you ever do come I will be more than glad to give u a hand
I can handle a few Canadians :D
Enjoy and take care

Oh thank you, I guess fins and snorkel should go into the suitcase but are there clean beaches near Alexandria? I heard there is an expensive one on land that used to be royalty owned.

How is the cost for apartments? When I travel I usually stay in youth hostels and there seem to be 2 of the them in Alex. But I would like to come longer and likely find an apt. I saw some vids from people in Cairo showing very scary apartments. Cracks, bad plumbing, outlets don't work, windows and doors that don't work right, even rats. An American couple was wondering when their bedroom wall would fall out with the big crack it had. It's kind of hilarious but I wouldn't want to experience these things.

I agree! I lived in Cairo for four years and would stay in Alexandria for several months at a time. I prefer Alexandria to Cairo.

as far as apt you just have to know where to look and you cant go wrong
if u always go for what is cheapest u may wind up with lots of cheap stuff and will be disappointed instead pay for what is reasonable and u will be fine

I can offer you one for arabic .. Im an igcse egyptian btw ^_^

i am so interested , pls send me a private message including the place and the time of the next meeting , highly appreciated

Really looking forward to attending this meet-up in the near future, too! It's such a good idea. My big expat flight is in ten days now, and apart from currently suffering from both Rabies and Typhoid vaccinations exacerbating an already fierce case of the flu, I'm looking forward to all Alexandria has to offer!

haha .. just woke up and getting ready for the meetup,, im so happy ... running in the whole house imagining how amazing its gonna be talking freely with different cultures :D:D:D.. thanks for the happinness buddy :D:D youre one of a kind :D:D

Hahahah!! There goes one happy man!!  :D:D:D  Have an amazing time, guys!

We will welcome you with open hands when u arrive just let me know. and if there is anything I can help with I will be more than happy

Alikhaled32 wrote:

haha .. just woke up and getting ready for the meetup,, im so happy ... running in the whole house imagining how amazing its gonna be talking freely with different cultures :D:D:D.. thanks for the happinness buddy :D:D youre one of a kind :D:D

I hope you had fun with us last Friday please take care looking forward to see you again