Cost of living in selangor malysia

Hi
I have been offered a job in Selangor, Malaysia. My age is 25 and I am single only. I am from India.
The salary offered to me is 6000 ringitts per month.

Please can anybody tell me that after spending basic monthly expenses like room for single person, food, transportation and sometimes party,fun nightlife, how much i can save per month.
Also after deduction of tax per month from my salary.

Please tell me.

Hi,

May I know from which company you got offer and exact work location.. Because even I got offer for the same location and yet to move to Malaysia. Thanks.

Hi

I got offer from GoodCore Software.

Hi,

May I know in which field you got job and how much experience you have?Also how much salary per month company offered you?Are you single or married?

Am having 9 years of experience in IBM Mainframes technology and got offer from Verinon Technologies working for its client RHB Bank, Malaysia. I have been offered 8500 RM/p.m. currently. Working Location is at Selangor Bangi.

An expat Indian needs at least RM3000 in savings to make it worthwhile.  Howeever, It would still be far more expensive to live in Malayasia i.e. 30-60%

zubin89 wrote:

Hi
I have been offered a job in Selangor, Malaysia. My age is 25 and I am single only. I am from India.

Please can anybody tell me that after spending basic monthly expenses like room for single person, food, transportation, how much i can save per month.

Please tell me.

zubin89 wrote:
zubin89 wrote:

Hi

Please can anybody tell me that after spending basic monthly expenses like room for single person, food, transportation, how much i can save per month.

Please tell me.

You could try this website www.numbeo.com for cost of living.

zubin, take ur monthly salary in india and double it. then convert into myr. that should be your baseline.

for 5 yrs experience, 6k seems to be the standard.

carlyle1979 wrote:

zubin, take ur monthly salary in india and double it. then convert into myr. that should be your baseline.

for 5 yrs experience, 6k seems to be the standard.

I don't agree. I know enough of 22-25s with 1-2 years experience getting 6k plus as low paid labour.as they are young and for them enough as they share flats and live like students. For a starter salary acceptable. For 5 yrs that is a mickey take.

Personally I think they should raise the min salary to 12k for a work permit to discourage "cheap skate" Malaysian employers.