Teaching position with dui

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been posted somewhere and I just can't locate it but has anyone met or heard a success story of landing a teaching position if you have a DUI on your criminal record?

I'm 29 and from Australia and cannot get a Working Holiday visa so my only other option to work in Korea is to teach English but it seems that even this is not possible as I had a drink driving offense in 2006 which will be on my criminal record.

I really want to get as much information or help as I can about this as it's really stressing to not be able to go to Korea other than a tourist!

Thanks guys... :)

damir14 wrote:

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been posted somewhere and I just can't locate it but has anyone met or heard a success story of landing a teaching position if you have a DUI on your criminal record?

I'm 29 and from Australia and cannot get a Working Holiday visa so my only other option to work in Korea is to teach English but it seems that even this is not possible as I had a drink driving offense in 2006 which will be on my criminal record.

I really want to get as much information or help as I can about this as it's really stressing to not be able to go to Korea other than a tourist!

Thanks guys... :)

Have you checked with your local  the police dept about this??  It may well be that when you apply for a national police certificate that the driving offence may not a court outcome that is disclosed on the certificate.

thank you for the reply stumpy!!

after further investigation into this matter and contact a lawyer I have come to realise that what you said is actually true! :)

im so happy about this, thanks again for taking the time to help me.

take care!~

Probably won't matter too much since it was a drinking offense. Koreans tend to drink a lot. They will probably overlook it. If it were some other drug offense then it would matter.